• ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Product: Model M&P15T - 5.56 mm, Tactical

Looking to see if anyone has one of these, or if someone has spent any kind of time with one. Just looking for something I may have not seen in other reviews of the rifle. Unless there is a huge reason not to get this gun, I'm thinking of ordering one next week. It seems like it will fit my needs perfectly. Thanks guys!

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I've never owned anything from Smith, but I've never heard anything bad about their customer service. That was a big part of my decision to buy this gun.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    I purchased an M&P-15 (5.56) at the first of this year. Got one for my old man and myself. His is all black and mine is black with DARK EARTH!.

I've had mine out at the range a half dozen times so far this year. No complaints with it. It has ate all kinds of ammo I have but in it. Wolf, Silver & Brown Bear, PMC, Winchester, and hand loads with no problems at all.

1untitled.jpg

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    I purchased an M&P-15 (5.56) at the first of this year. Got one for my old man and myself. His is all black and mine is black with DARK EARTH!.

I've had mine out at the range a half dozen times so far this year. No complaints with it. It has ate all kinds of ammo I have but in it. Wolf, Silver & Brown Bear, PMC, Winchester, and hand loads with no problems at all.

1untitled.jpg

What kind of rail is that on your M&P? Great looking rifle by the way...

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Absolutely love my M&P15moe. I've only had it a few months now and it is my first AR, but I really really like this rifle.

Thanks for the input. All in all, its sounding like I cant go wrong with this thing. I'm probably going to order it next Thursday or Friday.

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Thanks! I saw he had a vertical grip, and I couldn't figure out how he put it on there. But then I read the description in your link. Those rails are sweet!

Moe's are not for everyone. Some people like to change their setup frequently and with this you can not do that due to having to install each rail. For me, I like how lite it is and the clean look.

I tinkered with putting a long rail (9 or 11 slot) on the bottom and top but I didn't like the way it looked at all. I did however buy a few different sized rails that I keep back just in case I want to put something else on it.

My old man's rifle on the other hand has rails EVERY place you can put them. He's more of a TACTICOOL person. I just laugh and shake my head every time he pulls it out at the range.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Moe's are not for everyone. Some people like to change their setup frequently and with this you can not do that due to having to install each rail. For me, I like how lite it is and the clean look.

I tinkered with putting a long rail (9 or 11 slot) on the bottom and top but I didn't like the way it looked at all. I did however buy a few different sized rails that I keep back just in case I want to put something else on it.

My old man's rifle on the other hand has rails EVERY place you can put them. He's more of a TACTICOOL person. I just laugh and shake my head every time he pulls it out at the range.

This might be a dumb question, but how hard is it to put a rail on those? It looks like it just slides into the slots. Is that correct?

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Well, I took a little different route. I ordered an M&P today, but ordered the M&P OR version instead. I got a really good deal on Magpul furniture, so I just got the optics ready version and added MBUS sights, CTR stock and a Midwest Industries two piece drop in hand guard, all in OD Green. They are putting everything on the fun for me, and it should be in and ready for me by the end of next week!!!

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    This might be a dumb question, but how hard is it to put a rail on those? It looks like it just slides into the slots. Is that correct?

It's not very hard. You just have to remove the hand guard each time you want to add or subtract a rail. Not a huge issue.

Each rail comes with a couple/few screws & nuts that you have to position and screw in.

The hardest part of the whole thing is getting the hand guard off if you don't have a hand guard removal tool (which I do not).

Top Bottom