• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    video was def. worth the wait, Ive already repped you on this thread and wish I could do it again. Looks like the kids had a great time. just wondering if anyone ever asks why you buy so many watermellons? For the bayo you could get a clamp on rail and pistol, rail mounted bayo, or just buy a metal cooking spoon and cut it out to be the meanest spork the world has ever layed eyes on, no ideas on mounting though. Please keep us updated

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    So let's say you want to make a steel buttplate. Not too heavy, just enough to be able to do a proper butt stroke with if you needed to. Weight is not desired, but function is absolute.

How would you go about doing it?

Aluminum is workable and light, and it does not have to be beautiful at all. Maybe that would work.

Or maybe some not too thick sheet metal?

Thoughts.

Need to do this with average guy garage tools here. No fancy stuff - mostly hand tools.

If you really want to make a butt plate here is a video with a few scenes of a man making a butt plate for a muzzle loader type rifle.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGpa_SkxmvI[/ame]

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I would love, LOVE to have a small forge. However my wife likes to remind me of the three trips to the emergency room in the three months leading up to our wedding. The last one was for 34 stitches.

She says:

Techres + Forge = Costly Hospital stay (at best), charred home (at worst).

I dunno, I really would like to have one. I could keep it inside the garage over by the oily rag pile....

Top Bottom