• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    1 for "Israeli" style carry. I've heard the debate a thousand times... as a civilian and not a first responder, what works for me, yada yada, my first reaction should be to flee from a threat... or at least seek cover first.

Fleeing a range weapon is a bad idea for many reasons. I suggest "On Killing" as a starting point as to why.

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I personally consider it rather serious anytime someone gets shot. Even if its not life threatening.
    2x that if it happens to be me or someone I know.

Am I afraid of shooting myself, not at all. But to maintain this culture of thinking that you must carry trigger pull ready is not very responsible.
    And not very realistic. And greatly increases the chances of an accident happening. When there is not a realistic need for it, percentage wise.

That safety and empty chamber works for you 99.9% of the time, maybe even more.

Would you care to share your training and experience, since you brought it up early on?

I believe I stated I am not a cop and not in a combat situation. (As I believe that changes things)

My training was the old fashion way, my grandfather was a drill Sargent and weapons trainer who saw action in Germany.
    I was taught firearms handling from a very young age.

In my employment you follow the rules or people die. Safety is always first, the process is always designed to be as safe as realistically possible and still get the job done.

I have owned and used firearms all my life, I have raised two sons. Both enjoy hunting and own guns of their own.
    The youngest was active military until a few months ago, deployed two times.

Two of us have never used a weapon in defense. But all three of us carry empty chamber.

cool-story-bro.jpg

Top Bottom