• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Cars kill more people than guns and were designed for a different purpose. What's the point? We're still allowed to have them on school grounds too.

You attribute to firearms some magical, esoteric quality about them that perpetuates the silly notion that they should be treated differently than every other item of personal possession a person may have. It's just a gun.
    Why don't you answer the first question I asked. My gun doesn't do magic tricks, so don't know how you came to your conclusion.

I'll answer it.

Yeah and I leave my hammer outside on the porch overnight sometimes, so you going to do that with your gun? :dunno:

What is a hammer designed to do? What is a gun designed to do? World of difference.

I have a stethoscope. It's a tool I use for my job. I also have a radio that I use at work. Unless someone is riding in my front seat, that's where they sit. In theory, I should be able to leave my pistol sitting right there next to them, if for some unknown reason, I took it out of its holster. The demand for the pistol is higher, however, so it's more likely to result in a broken window and a missing gun (or any other valuables). This is a direct result of the limitation imposed by the GCA 1968. If people could still walk in to Ace Hardware or even Sears, throw some green on the counter and walk out with a pistol, (no prints, pictures, or phone calls needed) we would not see the demand we see that makes crime a better option.
    Would I leave my pistol on the porch overnight? No. What the hammer and the gun are designed to do is irrelevant. Both can and have been used to cause the end of someone's life. (A quick search brought up over two million hits on "killed with a hammer") 88GT is right. There's nothing special about a gun, even on school grounds. Nothing about the school grounds makes it either good or bad merely by its presence there, and if it's in the car, the only thing is the demand for it making the car a target for a robbery.
    Gun on school grounds: malum prohibitum.
    Gun pointed at your face: malum in se.

One is bad only because someone said "not allowed." The other is bad in and of itself.

Blessings,
    Bill

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    The law is stupid. That being said, given the world we live in, you need to know the gun laws for your own protection. Now if you know the laws and choose to ignore them I honestly dont care. However you should probably make an effort to not get caught (like put it in the glove box a few blocks away from the school and conceal your holster).

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The law is stupid. That being said, given the world we live in, you need to know the gun laws for your own protection. Now if you know the laws and choose to ignore them I honestly dont care. However you should probably make an effort to not get caught (like put it in the glove box a few blocks away from the school and conceal your holster).

Wearing a holster on school property is NOT illegal!

DungeonCrawl

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    He is just plain screwed. Know the laws you live in, even if you don't agree you can still be arrested. If you don't agree hopefully you can afford the long court battle

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I hope the guy doesn't end up paying too high a price for his F%#$ up, but I have to say that leaving a weapon out and visible on the front seat of his car on school property with kids present is an epic fail. Even if it wasn't against the law it shows a colossal lack of common sense and an invitation for theft. He should face some penalty for it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Why don't you answer the first question I asked. My gun doesn't do magic tricks, so don't know how you came to your conclusion.
    I did. You just have to have some higher level critical thinking skills to see it. Cars aren't designed for the purpose to kill. Yet they do, and far more people than firearms. Yet we still allow them to sit in school parking lots for hours a day.

I hope the guy doesn't end up paying too high a price for his F%#$ up, but I have to say that leaving a weapon out and visible on the front seat of his car on school property with kids present is an epic fail. Even if it wasn't against the law it shows a colossal lack of common sense and an invitation for theft. He should face some penalty for it.
    And we will forever be stuck with such laws until we start redirecting the focus of our responses.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I did. You just have to have some higher level critical thinking skills to see it. Cars aren't designed for the purpose to kill. Yet they do, and far more people than firearms. Yet we still allow them to sit in school parking lots for hours a day.

And we will forever be stuck with such laws until we start redirecting the focus of our responses.

WOW hard to argue the logic. Person doesn't agree with your view therefore lacks critical thinking skills. Thanks for the laugh. I needed a good joke today.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's sad that a father that cares enough about his kids to both go to school and have lunch with them as well as taking responsibility for his families protection should become a felon based on a law that serves only to endanger children and their well meaning parents. Sure, it's the law, but it's a bad law. It's a law that makes the anti-gun community feel like they are protecting kids while in fact they are simply making them vulnerable. Any gun owner that thinks he got what he deserved is simply a sheep in sheepdog's clothing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's sad that a father that cares enough about his kids to both go to school and have lunch with them as well as taking responsibility for his families protection should become a felon based on a law that serves only to endanger children and their well meaning parents. Sure, it's the law, but it's a bad law. It's a law that makes the anti-gun community feel like they are protecting kids while in fact they are simply making them vulnerable. Any gun owner that thinks he got what he deserved is simply a sheep in sheepdog's clothing.

The system is working as planned. The family unit is one that we can not allow to exist. It's sole purpose is for the creation of new depends to the .gov system. Now the system is one step closer to ensuring stress on this family unit, causing a huge financial burden with the end goal of the family splitting. Thus creating a new set of depends on the .gov and ensuring that the cycle is not broken.

aaahhh isn't BB wonderful. :)

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The system is working as planned. The family unit is one that we can not allow to exist. It's sole purpose is for the creation of new depends to the .gov system. Now the system is one step closer to ensuring stress on this family unit, causing a huge financial burden with the end goal of the family splitting. Thus creating a new set of depends on the .gov and ensuring that the cycle is not broken.

So personal responsibility and poor decision-making have nothing to do with it? And don't you mean "dependents"?

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town

Excuse me while I check my investment portfolio. I think my Alcoa stock just took a huge jump.

Top Bottom