• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    He was 19, she was 15. Teenagers in love. High school sweethearts. Now they've been together for fifteen years, have 4 kids, and he lives with the scarlet letter of being a 'sex offender' for sleeping with his own wife.

The public servants charged him with felony "sexual assault on a child."

By the way, that means their family has to remain defenseless for the rest of their lives too. No guns for felons in the land of the free.

For sleeping with own wife, he's labeled a sex offender

“I understand punishment, breaking the law,’’ Nikki told NBC News. “You have to be punished for it. But for the rest of your life? I think we’ve suffered long enough.’’

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LesYepsJrns[/ame]

jailbait.94357.40.jpg

The Age of Consent: When Young Love Is a Sex Crime

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    The sex offender registry is cruel and unusual punishment and should be abolished. It has nothing to do with rehabilitation, and is only punishing in nature. It violates our constitution regarding methods of punishment and is insane. Want to fix it? Put sex offenders in three categories:

1) Ignore them because what they did wasn't really a crime (no level 1 crimes)
    2) If convicted of a level 2 sex crime you goto jail for an appropriate amount of time, and when released no longer have it on your record at all.
    3) Level 3 sex offenders, once properly found guilty in a jury trial of their peers are taken out behind the courthouse and shot in the head. (Level 3 Crime)

Make very clear what each crime's level is, and all punishments are to be carried out within 1 hour of the trial decision. Simple.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    On the surface, I agree. He should not be classified as a sex offender. In fact he should be pardoned. I fear presidential politics will prevent either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    So when your 15 year old brings home a 19 year old man you will be ok with that?

There is a difference between being "ok" with what my hypothetical 15 year old daughter does and making someone a sex offender. If you have a problem with it, deal with it yourself: the government doesn't need to step in and slap some leper bells on his neck.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I will be the Contrarian here.
    He was 19 and should have known better.
    He is acting like, since they talked about it, and 'decided to do have sex', that it would be all hunky dory.
    Wrong!
    Being 19 and dating a 15 year old,it was HIS responsibility to see that nothing sexual happened between them.
    The girls Mom did the right thing by pressing charges.
    There is no way you can tell me that he did not know the legal ramifications of his actions.
    I and all my friends knew the law when we were seniors.

Now for the agreement...
    The video says that "once the girl was old enough, they got married".
    Now you're talking!
    IMO, once they got married, and he proved his true intentions, all should be forgiven.
    The sex offender registry should have a mechanism for review, but not at the expense of the State.
    From the video he seems like a good guy and should be able to move on with his life.
    I mean, if he had robbed a bank, he would be able to coach his kids soccer team.
    In this case, it really is time to move on.
    As long as we don't lose sight of the fact that what he did initially was wrong, just wrong.

I M H O

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Now for the agreement...
    The video says that "once the girl was old enough, they got married".
    Now you're talking!
    IMO, once they got married, and he proved his true intentions, all should be forgiven.
    The sex offender registry should have a mechanism for review, but not at the expense of the State.

Marriage should not be a "get out of jail free" card. It's too easy to engage in a sham marriage. That said, there absolutely should be a review process.

The real problem is the ever-increasing range of things that can get you put on the registry. Get caught peeing in an alleyway? Sex offender. Wait...what?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    As long as we don't lose sight of the fact that what he did initially was wrong, just wrong.

I M H O

I, speaking historically, challenge this attitude. People her age used to be having children and getting married, if not a little before. Someone decided to extend some manner of arbitrary limit and now you're a pedophile. He should have known the law and not broken it, I agree, but the law itself is grievously flawed and needs serious review.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I, speaking historically, challenge this attitude. People her age used to be having children and getting married, if not a little before. Someone decided to extend some manner of arbitrary limit and now you're a pedophile. He should have known the law and not broken it, I agree, but the law itself is grievously flawed and needs serious review.

150 years ago folks of that age were adults and already had life experiences and common sense that most kids now'days will never have .

Not to mention that the entire life cycle was way shorter .

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Marriage should not be a "get out of jail free" card. It's too easy to engage in a sham marriage. That said, there absolutely should be a review process.

The real problem is the ever-increasing range of things that can get you put on the registry. Get caught peeing in an alleyway? Sex offender. Wait...what?

If peeing in an alley is wrong, then don't let me be right.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana

I agree with you Scutter.
    I just feel that this guy has been married for long enough and successfully raised a family that now we can see his real intentions.
    In this case, it's probably time to move on.

True, but it WAS illegal for him and he knew it.
    There was some of that typical, 19 year old, know it all, above the law, thinking going on there.
    Question for you Rock,
    At the time that girls were getting married at 15, say Victorian era or before, most if not all the marriages were arranged by the parents.
    NO ONE got married and had sex with a 15 year old girl without the fathers blessing.
    Are you suggesting that we go back to that system?
    Because it did work, actually.
    During that era sex before marriage was strictly forbidden also.
    So he would have gotten into just as much trouble than as he did now.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    So theres no accountability on the girls end? I havent seen a single post saying what SHE did was wrong, only saying HE should have known betetr etc etc, and thats whats sad about politics today. NO ACCOUNTABILITY, just keep pointing fingers. imo the girl is as much to blame as the guy... Is there a word like pedophile for a young person that likes an old(er) person?

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I had a 20 yr old BF @ age 16. Mom wasn't happy, dad was liked him and I dumped him just before senior prom. Believe it or not, I'm not scared for life, I don't have "sexual issues", and have not needed any therapy.

I really hate arbitrary age limits. I was more of an adult at 16 than my son will ever be but at 18 he's an adult and at 16 I was a child. And the sex-offender registry is just more BS.

As far as I'm concerned, if they are "rehabilitated" and able to be in normal society then once their debt is paid (no matter what it is) a person gets to move on. If they are good enough to live next door to me, work in my office, take the bus etc. then there should be no further punishment.

If they are not able to function in normal society/cannot be rehabilitated then just get it over with. There is no point to life in prison. There is no benefit to either the person in prison nor to the society that takes care of him/her.

But hey, what do I know.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    So theres no accountability on the girls end? I havent seen a single post saying what SHE did was wrong, only saying HE should have known betetr etc etc, and thats whats sad about politics today. NO ACCOUNTABILITY, just keep pointing fingers. imo the girl is as much to blame as the guy... Is there a word like pedophile for a young person that likes an old(er) person?
    No.
    She is the minor.
    A 15 year old is just, ummm, lets say ignorant of the ways of the world.
    It is way too easy for a 19 year old senior with a car and some cash to influence her.
    What 15 year old doesn't hate her parents?
    They really don't need extra pull from a dumb 19 year old with authority issues.

Top Bottom