• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Don't know about you but I have two children a 14 year old boy and a 6 year old boy so yea I'm pretty sure I know about kids having a mind of there own. A lot of whats in their minds is what you as a parent teach them, after all that is our job.
    It's all so very convenient when you get them from birth and can start the brainwashing right away.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have to say this again.
    I think some are blurring the lines between getting married at 15 and fornication at 15.
    Being married at 15 shows respect for the law and society.
    Fornication at 15 is illegal.

I have no respect for laws or a society that has no respect for Liberty.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Now you are just twisting my words.
    I never said NO ONE had sex.
    I just personally know these people and I know they did not have sex before they got married because they told me with their own mouth.

Steveh_131
    Really?
    Firsthand is when the person telling you is the one that actually was there or did the act.
    Word of mouth is when you hear from someone who heard it from their cousin...

I'm guessing you have daughters - best of luck. Just know, no matter how they act out as teens - daddy is always number one. Most girls won't admit that, but even as a teen my dad and his approval was so important. Actually talking at (if not to) and doing thins with your girl (s) will do so much more for then than rules and such.
    Thanks for that.
    So true.
    My girls are 21 now.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I will be the Contrarian here.
    He was 19 and should have known better.
    He is acting like, since they talked about it, and 'decided to do have sex', that it would be all hunky dory.
    Wrong!
    Being 19 and dating a 15 year old,it was HIS responsibility to see that nothing sexual happened between them.
    The girls Mom did the right thing by pressing charges.
    There is no way you can tell me that he did not know the legal ramifications of his actions.
    I and all my friends knew the law when we were seniors.

Now for the agreement...
    The video says that "once the girl was old enough, they got married".
    Now you're talking!
    IMO, once they got married, and he proved his true intentions, all should be forgiven.
    The sex offender registry should have a mechanism for review, but not at the expense of the State.
    From the video he seems like a good guy and should be able to move on with his life.
    I mean, if he had robbed a bank, he would be able to coach his kids soccer team.
    In this case, it really is time to move on.
    As long as we don't lose sight of the fact that what he did initially was wrong, just wrong.

I M H O

Exactly. What is he had dumped her the next morning. Then would it be a problem? Because it turned out ok, everyone wants to let him off. I agree with this post, now that it has turned out like this, maybe the guy should get a second chance.

On the other hand, every statutory rape case will now end in at least a temporary marriage and the offender will go free? What will the law be "Upon reaching a level of Marital Bliss spanning no less than 15 years and generating no less than 4 offspring, the offender shall be declared innocent of talking a minor into bed."

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    Liberty is the freedom to have sex with a 15 year old?
    We have come a long way!

To some extent I agree with what you are saying. In the broad sense I agree with the intent of the laws. I do not how ever agree with the fact that they are used to punish people at the whim of a parent or any female. A once size fits all way of doing things hurts everyone.

I believe that all who where involved with this should have gotten in trouble. I think punishing the guy for the rest of his life is crazy. This same sex offender reasoning could be applied to guns laws or any other law. So lets punish people forever because they may do something again. Now I think the horrible people out there that are real sex offenders need to be taken care of. But this guy does not seem to be one. After his 7 years he should be done with it and able to move on.

What good does it do to punish him forever, other then let a few naive people sleep better at night. Since the laws do nothing to really stop him from doing anything he wants to. The only way to do that would be to have him in jail for life or kill him. Laws that punish after the fact only deter those who follow the law.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It's all so very convenient when you get them from birth and can start the brainwashing right away.
    Brainwashing really? :scratch:
    Parents engage in monoculture. It's not good or bad, it just is. Kids who stay with the same parents will absorb the culture presented by their parents because there's no other culture available to them. It's essentially brainwashing -- presenting only one version of reality to a mind that isn't yet capable of envisioning alternatives.

As kids start going out into the world, the monoculture is challenged by alternatives. This can be either an opportunity for growth or an opportunity to develop some serious psychological and emotional problems, depending on how the "real world" compares to the monoculture they were raised in.

All of this is to say that if you had my experience, that of taking in a 13-year-old girl whose family of origin filled her head with all sorts of nonsense, and who was having difficulty adjusting to the real world as a result, you might not make such blithe pronouncements about the child's misbehavior or the quality of the parental figure's efforts to help them.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Statutory rape law is flawed based on it's own logic that children are incapable of making their own decisions. That they just don't know that having sex with an older person is actually hurting them.

That is complete and utter horse ****. I knew damn well that I liked having sex when I was a teen and would have been happier than a pig in **** to knock the bottom out of some hot 18 or 19 y/o senior when I was a freshman or sophomore.

Rape is rape. Rape is not teens having sex with each other.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So when your 15 year old brings home a 19 year old man you will be ok with that?
    That would depend. I may possibly OK with my daughter going out with a guy who is a little older than her. I'd rather she dated a 19 year old that has a good head on his shoulders than to date a 15 year old punk. Just because the Gov says it's wrong doesn't mean it's wrong. We have a 15 year old daughter, and she is not allowed to go anywhere with a boy, but I'm saying, worse things could happen. Now, if some 30 year old dude shows up at the door, somebodies getting hurt.;)

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Parents engage in monoculture. It's not good or bad, it just is. Kids who stay with the same parents will absorb the culture presented by their parents because there's no other culture available to them. It's essentially brainwashing -- presenting only one version of reality to a mind that isn't yet capable of envisioning alternatives.

As kids start going out into the world, the monoculture is challenged by alternatives. This can be either an opportunity for growth or an opportunity to develop some serious psychological and emotional problems, depending on how the "real world" compares to the monoculture they were raised in.

All of this is to say that if you had my experience, that of taking in a 13-year-old girl whose family of origin filled her head with all sorts of nonsense, and who was having difficulty adjusting to the real world as a result, you might not make such blithe pronouncements about the child's misbehavior or the quality of the parental figure's efforts to help them.

Can you tell me where I questioned the quality of parenting? Your experience would definitely be a tough one and I commend you for being a good person and trying to better a child's life. At the same time your experience has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Can you tell me where I questioned the quality of parenting? Your experience would definitely be a tough one and I commend you for being a good person and trying to better a child's life. At the same time your experience has absolutely nothing to do with what I commented on.

This is what got me started:

If you have a 15 year old daughter and she is having(consensual) sex maybe one should stop and think whether or not you have done your job as a parent.

I'm just saying there are other factors beyond one's own parenting that can come into play.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    No.
    She is the minor.
    A 15 year old is just, ummm, lets say ignorant of the ways of the world.
    It is way too easy for a 19 year old senior with a car and some cash to influence her.
    What 15 year old doesn't hate her parents?
    They really don't need extra pull from a dumb 19 year old with authority issues.

WOW. So a teen can pretty much do whatever they want, and their defense is, "Im dumb" and should get off scott free?

Bond 281

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    Statutory rape law is flawed based on it's own logic that children are incapable of making their own decisions. That they just don't know that having sex with an older person is actually hurting them.

That is complete and utter horse ****. I knew damn well that I liked having sex when I was a teen and would have been happier than a pig in **** to knock the bottom out of some hot 18 or 19 y/o senior when I was a freshman or sophomore.

Rape is rape. Rape is not teens having sex with each other.

This X10

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Rape is not teens having sex with each other.
    What about adults having sex with teens?
    The difference between a 36 year old man and a 32 year old woman is WAY less than the difference between a 19 year old man and a 15 year old girl.
    She can't even drive yet.

Top Bottom