• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    good for that guy. If it happened more often maybe they would get the idea & stop breaking in. Nope, easier then working!

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Great story, too bad he didnt kill the bastards now they will probably sue him and with the liberal juries out there they will probably win...

+1 to the homeowner for defending his property

INGunGuy

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The police and the bad folks are starting to take note, folks in Indy aren't going to sit back anymore. +1 for the homeowner for defending the turf. One thing for us to notice is that there were THREE bad dudes, not one. More multiple invader situations seem to be occurring. Looks like the new plan is to watch out for flanking!

Great story, too bad he didnt kill the bastards now they will probably sue him and with the liberal juries out there they will probably win...

I FULLY disagree with this almost Chicagoan mindset in regards to Indiana's legal system. If it was a solid defensive shoot, there will NOT be a civil case, period. No matter how many wailing inner city/hilljack mothers about their baby being perfect (despite them breaking into a house), the law is the law. You cannot be taken to civil court if the shoot is solid defense, whether the ****ers live or not.

Nothing on you, please understand, but we as a state need to take a stand against this sort of foolish misunderstanding of the legal system. It's that sort of mindset that makes folks even HESITATE to either shoot or defend themselves unless they have a clear kill. That crap is for the movies, shoot to get them out of your hair, if you kill them, that's "okay" too (not perfect moral, but not evil either). Heck, it's that mindset that gets thrown around forums and gunshops (the USUAL source for misinformation) that will get folks INTO legal trouble rather than save them from it. :twocents:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Agreed about the defensive shoot standpoint. Its gotta be pretty clear when the police show up, especially if the shooter is a rational individual who can calmly walk them through what happened, and already understands his rights to self-defense.

Even though it was a "good" shoot, unfortunately the police will probably take his gun for evidence purposes, and it will be a long time before he gets it back, if he ever does. I don't much like the thought of that, but as long as the alternative is fighting off home invaders with a fireplace poker, I think I can spare a gun or two...

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nothing on you, please understand, but we as a state need to take a stand against this sort of foolish misunderstanding of the legal system. It's that sort of mindset that makes folks even HESITATE to either shoot or defend themselves unless they have a clear kill. That crap is for the movies, shoot to get them out of your hair, if you kill them, that's "okay" too (not perfect moral, but not evil either). Heck, it's that mindset that gets thrown around forums and gunshops (the USUAL source for misinformation) that will get folks INTO legal trouble rather than save them from it. :twocents:

Yeah, that'll preach.

THIS is why we have the 2nd Amendment! THIS is the reason there are 2 sidearms and an assalt shotgun within reach while we are laying in our bed and yet another shotgun within one step of the bed. Not only that, but we have a dog that is not the best at being a guard dog, but serves as a great security alarm. Remember, ignorance can be fixed, stupidity is forever. Breaking in entering a home while the inhabitants are there is just stupid.

+1 Mr & Mrs Homeowner!!! :draw:

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    The days of cowering in your home waiting for the authorities to protect you are over. The only problem I have with this story is the CLOWNS that are doing this are probably not watching the news and reading the paper. If the were, they might see the trend that if you break into someone's home......you should expect the possibility of being shot these days.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Agreed about the defensive shoot standpoint. Its gotta be pretty clear when the police show up, especially if the shooter is a rational individual who can calmly walk them through what happened, and already understands his rights to self-defense.

Even though it was a "good" shoot, unfortunately the police will probably take his gun for evidence purposes, and it will be a long time before he gets it back, if he ever does. I don't much like the thought of that, but as long as the alternative is fighting off home invaders with a fireplace poker, I think I can spare a gun or two...

Bingo, this is a quality reason for a BRACE of pistols (two) and a solid long gun. Cops take one of the pistols, you got another plus the long gun for "militia" duty. Use the long gun, you aren't completely unarmed either, with the pistols (or even just one pistol) in brace. :yesway:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    How do you guys feel about the bad guys knowing where he lives and that he shot one of their friends. They would have to be pretty stupid to go back but maybe a drive by...some sort of retaliation in their mind.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    How do you guys feel about the bad guys knowing where he lives and that he shot one of their friends. They would have to be pretty stupid to go back but maybe a drive by...some sort of retaliation in their mind.

I thought about that. The offending individuals ARE stupid and we all know "you can't fix stupid." But does that really happen, or is it just something we see in the movies? I am less than knowledgeable on the statistics of such events.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

So what? Just be a victim? They already know where he lives. You asked the same question on another post. Does it matter if it is one or three? You shoot a lone intruder in your home, is that any different? His "friends" can still find out about you and where you live.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Purely conjecture on my part but I would "Think" that the typical BG is basically a lazy coward. I'm thinking the conversation would go something like this; "Stay the F^^^ away from that house, moth^^^^^^^^ that lives there is crazy!!! He shot homeboy and we was just looking to steal him blind!"

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I thought about that. The offending individuals ARE stupid and we all know "you can't fix stupid." But does that really happen, or is it just something we see in the movies? I am less than knowledgeable on the statistics of such events.

This is my biggest fear about shooting someone and them having another chance to come back. Of course i would do what i have to at that time to protect my family.

Top Bottom