• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    This is my biggest fear about shooting someone and them having another chance to come back. Of course i would do what i have to at that time to protect my family.

Tommy,

I totally understand your fear. You're one of a dying breed of Americans that gets the, "cause and effect" / "action = reaction" quotient. That said, three gang bangers break into your home with you, your wife, your kids at their mercy. Will your first thought be to wonder if you might **** them off if you defend your family from what might happen to them?

I would much rather deal with the possibility of retribution than the
    immediate threat of them killing my family or worse. The whole proposition sucks, don't get me wrong. But doing nothing for fear of reprisal reminds me of other scenarios in history that spun out of control because of inaction.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Even though it was a "good" shoot, unfortunately the police will probably take his gun for evidence purposes, and it will be a long time before he gets it back, if he ever does. I don't much like the thought of that, but as long as the alternative is fighting off home invaders with a fireplace poker, I think I can spare a gun or two...
    This is why I keep a Glock by the bed and not one of my 1911's. :D :wrongdoor:

deranged222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Sweet! Glad one of the good guys did the shooting versus the other way around. It is frightening that it seems the home burglaries now have groups breaking into the house. Definately something to keep in mind.....

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Too bad the homeowner didn't use a real home defense weapon, instead of peppering someone with .410 birdshot out of a silly gimmick pistol. If you're gonna use a shotgun....use a shotgun.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Odds are the prosecutor or the cops will offer mr. slowpants a deal if he turns over his buddies. If he has half a clue, he'll take it. Odds are also good that if anyone is actually investigating this, they already know who losers #2 and #3 are. Sorta makes retaliation pale in preference to skipping town.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    Just asking but if you shoot somebody in your house why wouldn't you shoot him multiple times untill you know he is dead? Isn't that why 15 round mags are made??

pagan01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    I think the most important lesson is the the Homeowner had the mindset and a firearm. You or I might not choose the judge for a home defense weapon but, it got the job done. Your goal should be to get them out of the house and survive. The homeowner accomplished this and to that I say good for him!

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Just asking but if you shoot somebody in your house why wouldn't you shoot him multiple times untill you know he is dead? Isn't that why 15 round mags are made??

If your aggressor is already face down on the ground bleeding, I would imagine that you would have a hard time explaining the forensics behind why you shot him an additional 14 times on the deck... You do know you can tell where the shots came from after they've been fired, right?
    Just sayin'....

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    One thing to worry about isn't necessarily where they are hit when they are on the deck. If they are still a threat, keep shooting. Just because they are on the ground doesn't mean they are out of the fight, just something to consider. Folks should be worried about lawsuits, but in legitimate defensive situations, you and your family's life first.

The "hit area" matters when the guy is trying to make an effort to leave/flee or when they are no longer a threat. That's when it matters.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Odds are the prosecutor or the cops will offer mr. slowpants a deal if he turns over his buddies. If he has half a clue, he'll take it. Odds are also good that if anyone is actually investigating this, they already know who losers #2 and #3 are. Sorta makes retaliation pale in preference to skipping town.
    Smart BGs lay low when the heat is on. Most BGs were not in the top of their class. They are burglars, probably not the type to seek revenge for their buddy getting shot.

Wearing masks and entering an occupied house is a bit scary though. We don't yet know if this was a random or targeted act. News story said something about perps living in the same neighborhood? They'll likely be in custody soon. While it's unlikely they'll return, if it was me, I'd remain prepared to give them a warm welcome. BGs cannot be counted on to be as rational about this as most of us might be.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    I'm going to assume that this was meant as an ill-advised joke. If not, wow...

1 to the head 2 to the chest....
    2 to the chest....
    3 to the chest....

I'm not saying use all 15 rounds but most training I have seen you usually see a 2-3 round burst. I guess it just depends on the situation/person/training.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If some of these scumbags could read, they would realize that burglary, home invasion, car jacking, etc. are becoming very dangerous occupations! Also, note that once lead starts flying their direction, most of these low life bastards run like the animals they are!

+ 1 to the homeowner! I don't care what he used, it stopped the threat!

Top Bottom