Man the Line - possible rip off, anyone have any dealings with them?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redssfj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    lou
    I ordered a pair of jackboots from his web sight ( man the line) in September, the web sight didn't do a very good job making sure you knew they were back ordered. Over a month passed, I asked him when they might be expected, he said he would find out. After no reply after two weeks, I asked for a refund, he asked if id be interested in a more expensive pair, I told him I just wanted a refund. I've since sent 3 or 4 more emails asking for the refund with no response. I just filed a claim through paypal, keeping my fingers crossed. Looks like hes done this to others, if you go on his face book page for man the line, you will see several more messages complaining about his business practices.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    Last time I purchased a Postal Money Order I believe it was $1.15, they are actually pretty cheap and hard to counterfeit.
    Saves a lot of time and hassle. Have your envelope ready to go with your auction page printed and inside, buy the money order and mail it while you are there.
    Depending on the cost of the item, I will sometimes send the money order with a tracking number.

$1.20 up to $500, $1.60 over that up to $1000 .

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Not really. You are allowed to file one fraud claim every 6 months and there is a $100 deductible. Since my situation involves items bought in four separate auctions and no single auction exceeds the $100 deductible, it appears I'm out of luck as far as Gunbroker's buyer protection goes.
    I bought a $25 10/22 heavy barrel stock off GB and the same thing. It's under $100 they don't care! Calls emails you name it after awhile you just give up and hope they get what's coming to em.

indynotch50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    I'm not sure about gun broker because I've only ever bought 1 item from there so far and used my credit card. Today actually :)

However, in general, if it's a personal sale, I always use paypal and always use goods and services. It does cost the seller some money, only a few percentage points, and if they are truly legit, that's ok with them.
    That way, you do have an avenue in case something goes wrong.
    If you pay by sending to "family and friends" then again, you have no way to go back if something goes wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Deckie85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2018
    Shelton
    Purchased some items from "Man the Line" aka Luke Schuetzle aka "rand2323" on Gunbroker. Paid by personal check. My bank says the check was cashed on 7/18/17. Over a month later and I don't have my items. The seller never provided the tracking number (red flag #1), seller has stopped responding to email and wouldn't provide any shipping information (red flag #2), and won't return my calls now that I've had to start calling (red flag #3). I think I've been ripped off. Anyone here have any dealings with him/them?

I've got the feeling that I'm going to have to file a police report to have any hope of getting my items or my money back. Anyone ever had to do that and did you have any luck getting the situation resolved?

I've bought thousands of items through online auctions over the years and this is the first time I've had a problem like this so I appreciate any insight or advice that you guys can provide. :ingo:

I specifically joined to address this post because I have also been ripped off by this man, Luke Schuetzle...

He never shipped an item I ordered, and stopped replying to my emails and requests for a refund. I created a fake second email address and messaged him posing as someone else with an unrelated question and he immediately replied... when informed he was BUSTED he replied asking like a complete tool what my order number was, but kept his responses very short and to the point. Law enforcement where I live has opened an investigation on him for fraud/larceny and a Pierre, South Dakota attorney visited his "business" at the address posted on the Man the Line website, which turned out to be a hotel. The attorney didn't even sound surprised that I was asking about him, it seems he is a known douchebag around those parts.

Luke Schuetzle is a disgusting scam artist.. a fraud.. a thief. I am not going down without a fight and will play hardball with this little prick until he pays me back what he owes, especially if it includes legal fees.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I specifically joined to address this post because I have also been ripped off by this man, Luke Schuetzle...

He never shipped an item I ordered, and stopped replying to my emails and requests for a refund. I created a fake second email address and messaged him posing as someone else with an unrelated question and he immediately replied... when informed he was BUSTED he replied asking like a complete tool what my order number was, but kept his responses very short and to the point. Law enforcement where I live has opened an investigation on him for fraud/larceny and a Pierre, South Dakota attorney visited his "business" at the address posted on the Man the Line website, which turned out to be a hotel. The attorney didn't even sound surprised that I was asking about him, it seems he is a known douchebag around those parts.

Luke Schuetzle is a disgusting scam artist.. a fraud.. a thief. I am not going down without a fight and will play hardball with this little prick until he pays me back what he owes, especially if it includes legal fees.

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that he is still ripping people off. I hope you can get restitution from the low-life. I only managed to get about half the items I was owed. I'm glad to hear that law enforcement is investigating him for fraud/larceny - if I can be of any help in getting this scumbag taken down by the law, please let me know.

Top Bottom