Marine Corps backpack group buy opportunity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm still in for at least 1 back pack if the price is $"X" or less.

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    When I first got to TBS, we were issued these (ILBE). We did about 2 short humps with them, then we turned them in and were issued the new FILBE. While the new pack has some advantages while wearing a plate carrier (body armor), this older ILBE being liquidated is very comfy to wear just on your clothes. It'd be great for a serious BOB or hiking pack.

I'm in. Quantity depends on final price and if "we" win the auction.
    Yeah, I haven't had to hump anywhere with the new ones. Played with them and there are some features I like about them, but they weren't too comfortable. I didn't have a vest on though and that can make a world of difference. My buddies said they like them even better than the old ones, but like you said for the price the ILBEs are EXCELLENT BOB/survival/hiking systems.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I only need one if there are enough to fill demand. Mk2ja and I could work together to get ours. What are the arrangements for pick up and payment?

I appreciate your willingness to make this effort. Thanks!

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Having watched other items go on this site, people know what things are worth. The Auction Cathy and I have been waiting for hasn't started so the $150/lot originally posted is a starting (automatic) bid that nobody has even had the chance to out bid yet. All that to say this could and will almost certainly turn out to be greater than $15 and likely north of $20 per pack. That is with a group buy (No profit) purchase and distribution structure.
    I've added a poll to try and gauge interest drop off at different price points.

I understand the challenge of winning the bid in an auction. If you two can pull this off, I am interested. I am also willing to help with distribution in the Fort Wayne area if needed and the timing works.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Auction will not end until friday at 5. If a winning bid (or 3) can be had i will have to pick them up within 10 business days or so. Then I'll go through them and see what the range of quality is and if it is significant ill put them in catagories.
    I am only wanting a couple myself but I've always wanted to see what the process was like. From what i gather from internet chatter and all the fine print there are loops to jump through but so far i think I'm on top of it.? At least they don't have some silly 50 post rule! (Cant figure how to do purple on my tablet:-) )

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My goal for now is just to get them to end up in Indiana. :-) we'll work out the logistics of getting them to you after we know there will be something to get.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Looks like the price point is about $25. :D

Having searched on this item, I think you could still sell the extras at probably double that. :D

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I'll take 4 of them as well, or if were running short whatever is available. Don't want to take to many and end up cutting someone out of the deal.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are they still going to end up in terrible haute?
    Not unless Smile Doc is also here. He's the one doing the buying now.

I'm looking for five of the full sized field packs, and the $150 cost is stuck in my mind like a splinter, so I'm looking for a sweet spot of about $30ea to myself. If it goes higher, I'll have to get fewer packs this time around.

I'm also looking for the three sleeping bag sleep systems to go with the field packs, as well as the smaller assault packs. If these auction plans come off well, there might be further opportunities in the future.

Also, all those asking "any left?" and "where can I pick up?" are betraying that they haven't read the thread. Until no later than Dec. 17th (Dec. 7th auction end + 10 days to pick up), these should be considered notional/potential backpacks. The degree of reality/actuality they might attain for anyone has yet to be determined.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not unless Smile Doc is also here. He's the one doing the buying now.

I'm looking for five of the full sized field packs, and the $150 cost is stuck in my mind like a splinter, so I'm looking for a sweet spot of about $30ea to myself. If it goes higher, I'll have to get fewer packs this time around.

I'm also looking for the three sleeping bag sleep systems to go with the field packs, as well as the smaller assault packs. If these auction plans come off well, there might be further opportunities in the future.

Also, all those asking "any left?" and "where can I pick up?" are betraying that they haven't read the thread. Until no later than Dec. 17th (Dec. 7th auction end + 10 days to pick up), these should be considered notional/potential backpacks. The degree of reality/actuality they might attain for anyone has yet to be determined.
    The sleeping systems rock too.:rockwoot:

It down poured one night and I was just in that system (no shelter)...came out bone dry.

Just remember to take clothes OFF if you want to stay WARMER

The modular design allows me to not double up on other preps. Keep the assault pack in my vehicle for a GHB, and if need be just throw in on the BOB (main pack) and move on.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    My preferred mode of slumber. :naughty:

720082d1338111948-my-ks-go-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Meh. I ended up buying my own sleeping system to take to the field instead of the green and black bags. The bivvy sack is cluctch, but the other two bags are too bulky for the warmth, although together they can work in much colder temperatures than I've had to handle.

ETA — I do like the zippers on them, though. Much tougher than the zipper on the one I bought myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom