• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I support my LGS in Plainfield, Plainfield Shooting Supply. I buy most of my reloading supplys off of them. Most of the lead I have to order on line as he dose not carry what I shoot. .31, .36, and .44 round balls also 200 gr .44wcf big lube groove and 525 gr .45-70 goverenment. He is always in the ball park price wise on the firearms I have bought.

adsVA83

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I myself like to buy local when I can to see a face and a salesperson rather than the internet. I usually leave that for spur of the moment purchases.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    I fully understand what you mean, and Im not going to get into specifics about why I feel the way I do on a public site. I dont feel that is exactly a mature thing to do. As someone that comes from a family that runs a business, running the name through the mud can do more damage faster than you can imagine. I hope that every LGS I have ever set foot in remains open for my kids and grandkids to see one day... Except for Dons, cuz hes a creep.

Please pm me with your specifics if you would. This is my home town shop and very good friends with Doug. I have personaly never seen anyone treated like a waste of time. They will ask if you are looking for anything and tell you to just ask a=if you would like to see anything. they also respect you and will let you look around. I have spent lotsa time in all the local shops around the Logansport area and you will not find the knowledge and customer service anywhere else that you can at Downhams. For those that dont know Mary is a competitve trap shooter, her and her husband are both in trap hall of fame and Doug has won many shoots as well in trap and shooting handgun but no longer compeats. I would encourage anyone to stop and visit.:patriot:

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Please pm me with your specifics if you would. This is my home town shop and very good friends with Doug. I have personaly never seen anyone treated like a waste of time. They will ask if you are looking for anything and tell you to just ask a=if you would like to see anything. they also respect you and will let you look around. I have spent lotsa time in all the local shops around the Logansport area and you will not find the knowledge and customer service anywhere else that you can at Downhams. For those that dont know Mary is a competitve trap shooter, her and her husband are both in trap hall of fame and Doug has won many shoots as well in trap and shooting handgun but no longer compeats. I would encourage anyone to stop and visit.:patriot:
    well said sir , couldnt have said it better myself ..........the knowledge surpasses

kmshooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I just purchased a Smith & Wesson Model 41 from Mary at Downham's this morning. She was very helpful and friendly to me. The pistol was on consignment and I had a question for the owner of the gun. She made a call to him and within 2 minutes had the answer. I spoke to her briefly about her shotgunning days and was very humble to say the least. Even though I knew she was a champion trapshooter, she never mentioned it. What a fine lady she is. I will definitely do business with them in the future the time a distance to get there is worth it.

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    She has always been very humble about what she does in the shooting ring ....I have seen some of the many many belt buckles and heard of the trophies she has , but like you said in your post KMSHOOTER she went out of her way to ask the questions and served the seller as well as the buyer equally , glad to have them in my hometown

Ryano23_98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    peru / kokomo
    Campbells firearms is in royal center , IN
    the phone number to the shop is 574-355-6375 and he is LEO and supports his fellow LEO and MILITARY PEOPLE , he gives them a great discount too , but you will have to call him to see how good :) anyhow let him know Jesse sent you thanks

i started getting my transfers done there . always had a god time

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Best thing about my LGS. Both BTB and Peddler Firearms. I can go in, sit down, and BS about politics, etc. With good people that have the same beliefs as I. You'll never get that in a big box store.

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    I prefer buying local or horse trading through in go. I have no intentions to buy online as I like seeing what I am getting and fondle it before hand haha. I go to blythes in valpo and have been to a couple others and never had a bad experience.
    I purchased my first and second firearms from blythes and will continue buying there. Now I tend to look more than I buy but I tell them upfront I am just looking and not looking to buy just out of respect so if someone else wants to buy and may be waiting to look. Just what I do

Top Bottom