• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    To bring it back to the first post, I shoot dots and irons, I've had both fail. You know what I carry? P365 SAS. It's annoying and I should train a lot more and I'm sure there's some way it could fail, but the front sight can't fall off, the battery can't die, and I have more than 5 shots. Do I like it? Not really, but it's the best tool for the job in my opinion. Eliminating failure points is key, and one of those ways, as has been mentioned, is training. I need to do more of that, and that's probably always the case.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I heard there was some pipe hitting going on in here...

hunter-smoke-holly-Wnlce7.webp

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BAD GUY: “Give me all your money”
    DOT Citizen “Just let me check my dot and then I will make ready”

Mas lessons learned:

Lasers, WML, Dots, slide cuts, 26 round mags, and cargo pants are no substitute for learning how to defend yourself on the streets.

Result: Victim bleeds out from pipe upside the head. Nearby is his Business Blaster on the pavement dot flickering.

Solutions: Excepting Professional Applications, leave the dot on the range for play time. Master the basics first before advancing to an acquired skill set.

Good luck.
    I call BS. The mook would take the gun

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    To bring it back to the first post, I shoot dots and irons, I've had both fail. You know what I carry? P365 SAS. It's annoying and I should train a lot more and I'm sure there's some way it could fail, but the front sight can't fall off, the battery can't die, and I have more than 5 shots. Do I like it? Not really, but it's the best tool for the job in my opinion. Eliminating failure points is key, and one of those ways, as has been mentioned, is training. I need to do more of that, and that's probably always the case.
    Could the slide not come flying off as you rack with excessive force to chamber a round?

I mean wouldn’t the sight technically fall off?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Could the slide not come flying off as you rack with excessive force to chamber a round?

I mean wouldn’t the sight technically fall off?
    I had the cylinder of my S&W Model 66 fall off when I racked the slide. True story, I swear to God it is. But I'm pretty sure it was due to the orange thingy on the ramp front sight.

Reactions: wcd

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Soooo, where are all these ranges that allow you to draw from your holster, present and fire? I haven't found any here in Central Indiana that will let you do that? Where should I be looking?

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Soooo, where are all these ranges that allow you to draw from your holster, present and fire? I haven't found any here in Central Indiana that will let you do that? Where should I be looking?
    Sounds like this is your sign from the universe to get into shooting sports! They're MUCH more fun then standing still shooting paper in a loud smelly indoor range with a bunch of potentially dangerous strangers, and you probably live within an hour of a regular event.

Top Bottom