• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Don't bring us into his fight...we are happy where we are. "Why do cops not get upset about this?" Because the boots on the ground know that laws only steer the law abiding...criminals by definition do NOT follow the laws...so who is it going to help. We have enough laws already to lock criminals up...we don't need more.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: U are absolutely correct. its been said a million times, just because u make somethong ILLEGAL doesnt mean criminals are going to follow it. Thats why they are called criminals. Bloomberg is a clown, he also thinks that by taking away the 32oz. soft drink he is gna fix our obesity problem. Get F***ING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do these people get elected???????

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Although Bloomberg wants a general police strike, why doesn't he make his point by having the NYPD stand down. I wonder how many hours after the stand down, if that long, before the news starts reporting about roving gangs, shootings, looting, stabbing, and general mayhem.

Because NYPD won't do it. Contrary to popular belief, we don't/wouldn't strike.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Why doesn't Bloomberg "lead the way" by releasing his armedguards? Then he should tour the various boroughs at 2am. Maybe then he'dunderstand the need for self defense

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Let them go as long as taxpayers receive the benefit of reduced cost.

There are better uses of taxpayer funds than excessive police forces.

You must not live in a big city. You can investigate homicides for us, catch burglars in the act, arrest armed robbers, arrest spouse for beating the snot out of the other. Yeah, you don't need us at all. Sad for you, it is not the police wanting to strike...it's a politician dragging them into his political agenda. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    ‘We're going to go on strike. We're not going to protect you. Unless you, the public, through your legislature, do what's required to keep us safe,’” he said.

I have a problem with this part. First, I do nit believe the police actively protect us. No offense Denny, but cops aren't bodyguards or private security. Police in America do an excellent job of responding to events, but 'protect' is a proactive word analogous to 'prevent'. Secondly, if I lived in New York, I'd ask Mayor Bloomers to go on strike permanently, and for someone to do what is required to keep all of the people safe, which is allow them to carry guns to defend themselves. While it is true that police run towards crime, it is also true that unarmed citizens are the victims of these crimes.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    When I think of Douchebag's.. He's definitely at the top of the list!

No doubt, first the Soda ban, then an all out gun ban, what a slippery slope!

But what kind of an @&&#### even would consider banning a freaking soft drink in the first place? Jesus, this man would take candy from a crying baby. People like him deserve worse than just being voted out of office. He swore an oath to uphold the constitution (2a included), yet he subverts the constitution at every turn. It is treason I tell you, he should be imprisoned for at least a longer period of time than a thief, since what he is robbing is the rights of every citizen under him simultaneously. HE IS A TYRANT.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Because NYPD won't do it. Contrary to popular belief, we don't/wouldn't strike.
    Why wouldn't they do it? Boston police went on strike and did their thing. NYPD is no better than Boston. Strikes can happen and if the mayor pushes for it they might well follow his lead. He signs the checks.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Why wouldn't they do it? Boston police went on strike and did their thing. NYPD is no better than Boston. Strikes can happen and if the mayor pushes for it they might well follow his lead. He signs the checks.
    That was almost 100 years ago. LEO's are not led like sheep by the Mayor. Strikes are illegal and outside of that, unwanted by the rank and file. I am betting you will find most of NYPD beat coppers don't like Bloomberg or even care what he says. They get paid regardless, like we all do, of politics and the mayors are not going to stop paying them.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    NYC cops went on strike in '71. Guess they're all different nowadays. All members of Scalia's "new professionalism". Baltimore went on strike in '74. And how many cases of "Blue Flu" have people been subjected to over the decades?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Police strikes are not just an East Coast thing, don't forget the Albuquerque police strikes of the mid-70s.

Crime plummeted.

Yeah, I was 3 or 4 at the time...it must have slipped my mind. If you think today's environment is the same as 30 to 40 years ago, well, I'm sorry. Rest assured, there will be no strikes. Good lord, the populace will not stand for that. Who will wipe their butts for them for blow their noses for them? Who will be their free family counselors...marriage counselors...or parents on demand. Who will wake little Jimmy up to go to school or drive him when he misses the bus. OMG the horror.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    If you think today's environment is the same as 30 to 40 years ago, well, I'm sorry

Hmmm, well, I think that there are economic parallels to the '70s.

Money for treats is drying up and populations are realizing the public sector employee pensions and treats must be modified or eliminated.

So the potential environment is the substantially the same.

My point being is that there have been police strikes, even if we were too young to remember them. There can be police strikes again. I believe California will be the canary.

Top Bottom