• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Hmmm, well, I think that there are economic parallels to the '70s.

Money for treats is drying up and populations are realizing the public sector employee pensions and treats must be modified or eliminated.

So the potential environment is the substantially the same.

My point being is that there have been police strikes, even if we were too young to remember them. There can be police strikes again. I believe California will be the canary.

You MIGHT want to remove the highlighted r's. ;)

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Yeah less NYPD might mean less people getting sodomized by nightsticks or guys getting shot 30+ times for reaching for a wallet. Sounds like New Yorkers would be better off. They could live off their payoff money for a while.

:popcorn:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Don't bring us into his fight...we are happy where we are. "Why do cops not get upset about this?" Because the boots on the ground know that laws only steer the law abiding...criminals by definition do NOT follow the laws...so who is it going to help. We have enough laws already to lock criminals up...we don't need more.

Here's a voice of reason. Wish all the politicians were this smart Denny.:twocents::rockwoot:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This guy has went from a person who I didn't think much about to a person that has down right dangerous ideas.

1. The police go on strike. Well that's a reason to BUY more guns and also I would conjecture going to create situations where MORE get killed because police officers handle situations in a professional manner. They are trained in how to talk some criminals out of escalating situations and are not emotionally involved in most disputes they are trying to resolve.

2. I LOVE how he later says NYPD can not strike because its AGAINST the law. Well if having laws on the books are good enough to prevent things, then why do we need more GUN laws? Also while I respect police, I do know there have been out breaks of BLUE FLU in protest over whatnot in the past. Prosecute the laws on the books faithfully. Its usually the POLICE OFFICERS that bring them in for charges and fill out the reports isn't it? ITS the Prosecuting AttYs and Judges that need to press for and sentence those that break the laws on the books.

I LIKE my police officers, have been let go in situations where they didn't have to and have yet to be wronged by one personally, if I can I buy them dinner/coffee when I see them in uniform on duty, but I would have to end that practice if a police force near me politicized the 2nd amendment in such a fashion based on this Mr. Bloomberg's speech and anti gun movement or any other local politician that ran with the same idea.

These people don't just say this stuff and retract it to protect their own image in damage control, sometimes they say it hoping it plants a seed in someone and bears fruit down the line.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    He didn't think this one through. How is going on strike going to prevent any gun related crimes against anyone but cops? That said what happened in CO was crimes committed against citizens not the boys in blue. This dingus needs to go enjoy his billions and shut the fudge up.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    You haven't seen NYPD handle guns, and not just the photos of the backwards ACOGs. Just listen to Circillo or Rogers talk about NYC cops, it'll give you the shakes.

See Also - Amadou Diallo Shooting: 41 rounds fired, 17 hits (some entrance wounds in the bottoms of his feet, indicating he was already on the ground and dead) by four plainclothes officers. Not exactly a testament to handgun marksmanship.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    It has been said before, but it warrants repeating.

Gun control has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with control.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    See Also - Amadou Diallo Shooting: 41 rounds fired, 17 hits (some entrance wounds in the bottoms of his feet, indicating he was already on the ground and dead) by four plainclothes officers. Not exactly a testament to handgun marksmanship.

Happy fire, point and empty gun, not looking at sights. They were shooting because they were scared and wanted to feel better.

It is a matter of training. It is a function of the culture there. The hatred of guns bleeds through to the training unit.

mrs.printcraft

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2012
    Time is short, I didn't have the opportunity to read the earlier threads. So, I'm sorry (in advance) if this post is off point.

This particular position hit a nerve with me. Here's the censored version of my thoughts...

First, the police have no duty to protect the citizens from harm caused to them by other citizens. This is only one (of several) reason(s) you cannot sue the police. I have an old research paper on this topic, which I will pull out for the citations for anyone who is interested. It is based upon a case which came out of Ohio some years back. As I recall, the name was Deshaney.

Second, one holding the title "mayor" should know that. [How embarrassingly ignorant].

Ugh...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If the police go on strike, so should the police protection details.

Gosh, do ya think elected officials would start carrying firearms to protect themselves?

Top Bottom