Mayors Against Illegal Guns at Purdue University! Please Help!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I didnt recognize her in the video, but I am absolutely sure my neighbor was in there somewhere. She works over at Purdue, and is one of the founding members of the local Moms Demand Action group. I held about an hour long conversation with her one afternoon about firearms and their implications on society. I know I didn't enlighten her in the bit, and man was it frustrating. The only comfort I have is knowing i was CCing the entire time and that made me chuckle.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm annoyed that they pushed the "Universal Background Checks"

It was a Mikey Bloomberg event afterall.:D

They did not want me to ask questions about the UBC, which is why they ended 30 minutes early, should have lead with that instead of kicking the stuffing out of the moderator for her inane focus on shootings when many more Purdue students have died by non-firearm murders. Even the last murder at Purdue was knife inflicted (what killed him was the knife).

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    It was a Mikey Bloomberg event afterall.:D

They did not want me to ask questions about the UBC, which is why they ended 30 minutes early, should have lead with that instead of kicking the stuffing out of the moderator for her inane focus on shootings when many more Purdue students have died by non-firearm murders. Even the last murder at Purdue was knife inflicted (what killed him was the knife).

Kicking the stuffing out of the mod was needed I think. With out the foundation you set down they would have just written you off as another gun nut.

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    got to watch the videos from last night(thanks for the upload), I have to applaud the PRO-2A guys that came out in support. Must have been hard to sit there and not talk walk taking such an ear full. I also agree that the best quote was no violence in russia.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County

My comment:

The most recent "shooting" at PU was also a knifing - cause of death was the knife wound. In fact most deaths on PU campus are by other methods (hammer, knife, gravity). That's where blaming things for people actions gets you. Mr. Bloomberg's newest purchased "grassroots" effort concentrates on Universal Background Checks - which Indiana had for years and repealed because of it's complete ineffectiveness. NICS is flawed and those who fail NICS are almost never prosecuted. Expanding a broken and proven ineffective system is - being kind - not a good idea.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    In response to the anonymous staff member, Goddard said, “That would raise the question of why we even have laws against anything. That’s a difficult road to go down if that’s truly the belief.”

This was thrown at me during the Newtown gun control push and it drew me up short.

Good point...but my response after thought(I'm slow sometimes with thinking this stuff through is...)

No, the difference here is everything we're trying to prevent with more gun control laws is to prevent people from breaking OTHER laws. The Newtown shooter broke what...48 laws that day? Another law isn't going to stop him.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    In response to the anonymous staff member, Goddard said, “That would raise the question of why we even have laws against anything. That’s a difficult road to go down if that’s truly the belief.”

It actually is a pretty simple road to go down, and it had me shaking my head. In the example he used, murder, having a law in place punishes those who take away someone's right to life. I don't think any of us are arguing that we shouldn't have laws that punish individuals for taking away others' rights. He plays the logic card, but clearly cannot make a logical argument. I really wish someone there would have pointed out that he wasn't following any logic at all. Personally, I don't know how you guys sat through that. Some people just make me want to be deaf.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Comments disabled, it would appear. No surprise.

I cannot tell if the Exponent article writer is aware of how well her phrase "...a member of the NRA, was forcefully told to sit down and cut off from asking further questions" illustrates the anti-gun, anti-rights philosophy.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    If I'm not mistaken that the only people not allowed to carry guns on campus are students, and if asked by campus security. No laws actually restrict it for us non-student concealers.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This was thrown at me during the Newtown gun control push and it drew me up short.

Good point...but my response after thought(I'm slow sometimes with thinking this stuff through is...)

No, the difference here is everything we're trying to prevent with more gun control laws is to prevent people from breaking OTHER laws. The Newtown shooter broke what...48 laws that day? Another law isn't going to stop him.

Malum in se - illegal because the act itself is wrong.
    Malum in prohibitum - illegal because it is prohibited.

Murder/theft/etc is universally recognized as being bad.
    Carrying 8 or 11 rounds instead of 7 or 10 is not.

That's the diff.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I cannot tell if the Exponent article writer is aware of how well her phrase "...a member of the NRA, was forcefully told to sit down and cut off from asking further questions" illustrates the anti-gun, anti-rights philosophy.

Let the fascists reveal themselves.

I am used to people running from my questions.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    Let the fascists reveal themselves.

I am used to people running from my questions.

Quote from the article (Debate on gun control and regulation continues on a local scale - Purdue Exponent: Campus)
    Pro-gun advocates brought up the second amendment and students’ right to feel safe by carrying a weapon. The most vocal member of the audience, Kirk Freeman, a member of the NRA, was forcefully told to sit down and cut off from asking further questions.

Atta boy :thumbsup:

How "forceful" was the request? Does anyone know where in the attached videos this happens?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If I'm not mistaken that the only people not allowed to carry guns on campus are students, and if asked by campus security. No laws actually restrict it for us non-student concealers.

No law restricting anybody, students or non-students, from conceal or open carrying on campus.
    Only some silly rules. Yes, I know the circumstances for a student getting caught carrying a gun. Don't get caught.

Remember that "Judged by 12" thing. There's also that one amendment -"You have the right NOT to be killed by dirtbags."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Comments disabled, it would appear. No surprise.

But you know, if one of their kids was arrested for dopejuana, they would probably love to hire Kirk to force the State to prove it respected kiddy's 4th A rights. Irony.

Top Bottom