• ...and so much more!
  • 40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    NEW REQUIREMENTS!! Please read

Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, June 13th at 6 pm. Come out and bring your friends and relatives. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $7 for club members and $12 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $7.00 with your first paid entry.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS IS GOING TO CHANGE *
    Due to inflation, we will be raising prices in July to$10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If time and weather permits, we will again be having a Pistol Caliber Rifle "Side Match" AFTER the regular monthly FNS Match. The cost will be $5.00 per entry. If you would like to try shooting this side match and don't have a gun of your own, bring some factory 9mm ammo and we will have a gun for you to use.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA.
    www.indygunracers.com

Don't forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Sincerely,
    Anton C Howard

FridayNightSteel@gmail.com

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Gonna hate me man, don't think I will be able to go again have to move my brother in law in. Although it sounds like severe weather might cause a problem Friday night.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Dude, I think your a little to addicted here. can you spell intervention :)

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Other than bad weather-looking to have some fun and a few laughs.

Cleaned my guns after sighting them in. My daughter will be with me to join in the shooting. She's 11 going on 21

Any age issues?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    No charge to "Observe" but know this, Steel Matches aren't really a "spectator sport". You'll want to get INVOLVED !!!!!:draw:

I may WANT to get involved...

But I don't have enough magazines for any of my pistols OR speedloaders/ammo for my revolvers to allow me to compete.

Besides, it's bad form to just show up and beat everyone. HAHAH! :lmfao:

(and these days of wedding planning...the extra cash)

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Indy, you may want to consider bringing your gun belt and some factory ammo anyway. If the guys on the line find out that your only limitation is magazines or a pistol, you may be surprised to find out how quickly they come out of the woodwork. I feel like it's my turn to do that sort of thing, because when I first started out, I had plenty of guys say "hey, come with me" They'd take me to their truck and low and behold, here's an entire rig, ready to go. Amazingly, gun people tend to have back-ups. If I weren't left handed, they would have let me use their holsters too. Often times I did, with a janky draw. Until about age 18, I didn't even have to supply the ammo. (again, gun guys have extra mostly)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Suffice it to say, I've been amazed at the generosity of the guy's I've been fortunate enough to shoot with. They really had an interest in getting young people involved in the sport.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Indy Guy, what kind of mags/speedloaders do you need? I have quite a selection for my own guns, and you're welcome to borrow what you need if I have it.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Tonights Match has been Cancelled due to the weather

Look forward to seeng you all at the a next month.

Anton
    Match Director

Last edited:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I even went out a lunch and popped off a few rounds just to warm up :)

Woohoo I am a memeber of the 200 post club :)

Top Bottom