• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As per the Glock tagline, they very nearly ARE perfect. The ONLY time I`ve personally witnessed a Glock malfunction was when a shooter "limp-wristed" the pistol when shooting. And as per the OP, I love the simplicity, and the proven reliability of these wonderful pistols. They`re a snap to disassemble, and danged if they don`t always go bang when I pull the trigger.

Well they are not perfect as nothing man made ever is. (oh you said nearly.....Oops)
    Not to start an argument as that is not my intent here.
    I have seen a few burp/fart/go sideways. Seen 1911's and CZ's have issues as well.
    None are near perfect.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have several glocks, I like them ok they're not my favorite but for the price they're hard to beat. If I wasn't so heavily invested in glock, glock parts I may have bought a different brand like M&P

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Glocks hate the mouse. I can prove it.
    I prefer the P-09 CZ as the ergonomics fit me a lot better than the G***k does. Points up better for me and the G***k trigger is horrid. I realize they can be improved. I have seen more than a few G***ks have issue as I have 1911's and CZ's.
    The CZ had a poopy trigger as well but it has been improved and is so much better than an enhanced G***k with near the same work

In the end it is all in what you like.

Haters gonna hate.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I've had many different handguns: 1911s, CZs, SCCYs. I can't even remember them all, but I've had a G19 three separate times. I know them inside and out and I shoot them really well. 1911s are my favorite but I shoot my 19 the best. So that's what I carry.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I wonder how many Glock "failures" are due to poor maintenance or dodgy modifications. Even though there are hundreds of after-market parts for Glocks, how many of them go through the same reliability trials or quality control as Glock parts?

Good questions. I`ve never modified or changed out anything on my Glocks, they`re all stock, and I`ve had zero issues ever.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Well they are not perfect as nothing man made ever is. (oh you said nearly.....Oops)
    Not to start an argument as that is not my intent here.
    I have seen a few burp/fart/go sideways. Seen 1911's and CZ's have issues as well.
    None are near perfect.

No doubt there are guns of every make and model and description that have issues from the manufacturer from time to time. That`s when the customer service of the manufacturer either shines, or makes them look bad. Since I`ve had no issues with Glocks, I only have to imagine that their customer service must be pretty good. I`ve returned a Ruger SP101 once and Ruger was WONDERFUL in their response time and customer service. I`ll tell anyone and everyone how fantastic Ruger`s service and support has been for me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I've had many different handguns: 1911s, CZs, SCCYs. I can't even remember them all, but I've had a G19 three separate times. I know them inside and out and I shoot them really well. 1911s are my favorite but I shoot my 19 the best. So that's what I carry.

1911s are my absolute favorite and I shoot them best of any handgun I've ever held.
    However, I carry a Glock 19 'cause I don't want to wear suspenders to carry my 1911s with a bunch of extra mags.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I started out with Glocks and am heavily invested in them and the necessary accessories (parts, mags, holsters and carbines), but I shoot my FNs more. Except for the EDC 17.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No doubt there are guns of every make and model and description that have issues from the manufacturer from time to time. That`s when the customer service of the manufacturer either shines, or makes them look bad. Since I`ve had no issues with Glocks, I only have to imagine that their customer service must be pretty good. I`ve returned a Ruger SP101 once and Ruger was WONDERFUL in their response time and customer service. I`ll tell anyone and everyone how fantastic Ruger`s service and support has been for me.

Ruger CS is top shelf.
    Springfield is Top shelf
    Never needed CZ
    's CS so I am not able to comment.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    Worst customer service I have run into was with EAA. Springfield wasnt very helpful when I called them but they weren't rude about it.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Love the 1911 its by far my favorite.
    EDC a Kahr CM9,,This is a great pocket carry 9!!
    If SHF and I was gonna grab a handgun its gonna be the first one thats available. If I had to choose a handgun it would definitely be a Glock***ANY GLOCK!! prefer a 17.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    GLOCK's are my favorite. Why? Because they work.
    I don't care if another gun is a piece of art, if it doesn't work 100% then I'll never get it out of my head and it will be gone.

glocks are awesome

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny, now that I think about it, the only and guns I've ever bought with my own money have all been Glocks. I got some hand me downs from other brands. I think I'd like to get a 1911, but I've always hated the debate over their reliability.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Funny, now that I think about it, the only and guns I've ever bought with my own money have all been Glocks. I got some hand me downs from other brands. I think I'd like to get a 1911, but I've always hated the debate over their reliability.

Of the half dozen or so that I've owned, I've never had any failures of any kind. I supposed my sample size is just less than others. :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My Glock infatuation is slowly disappearing. I've had up to 6 at once and tried to love the G19. Bought two of them convinced that I'd come to love the guns but ended up selling both. I still have 3 and I do love the simplicity in them. I don't know that I'll ever sell my G21sf but I used to think the same thing about my G23 but I've found that a CZ makes a much better platform for launching .40 slugs. My G30sf will probably be sold this spring and then when the P10C in .40 shows up this summer, the G23 will go too. They are a good pistol but over time my tastes have changed and I much prefer the CZ platform along with the 1911 for the bulk of the collection. I'll keep the G21 though as I have yet to find something with that capacity and yet in a weight that can be carried.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I really fell in love the 1911 after I bought my first. Felt good in my hand and decided I wanted one. That was a mistake, they have multiplied fairly quickly. Glocks on the other hand never felt that good to me. My brother just bought a 19 a short time back. I was able to shoot it last weekend. I just didn't care for it, honestly don't think I will ever own one.

Top Bottom