• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I really fell in love the 1911 after I bought my first. Felt good in my hand and decided I wanted one. That was a mistake, they have multiplied fairly quickly. Glocks on the other hand never felt that good to me. My brother just bought a 19 a short time back. I was able to shoot it last weekend. I just didn't care for it, honestly don't think I will ever own one.

For some, Glock may be an "acquired" taste, for many, we came to appreciate them readily and easily. There`s a lot to love about knowing the weapon you bet your life on, will always go "bang" when you need it to.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They aren't perfect, as CM mentioned anything man made is subject to failure and while legitimate malfunctions caused by an unaltered Glock are extremely rare in my experience, they do occur. I enjoy the somewhat unique position of watching 1700+ Glock handguns shoot in excess of 900,000 rounds a year and have for near ten years now. They are my only choice for a self defense pistol.

That said, they are not the end all - be all and I don't dismiss other offerings. Many, if not most other pistols can claim some advantage over the Glock whether it be ergonomics, trigger feel, easier to grip slide serrations or grip angle. I just haven't found one which surpasses the Glock in every category. Everything is a compromise and with the reliability of modern day pistols and quality ammo the selection of a pistol is largely subjective.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    They aren't perfect, as CM mentioned anything man made is subject to failure and while legitimate malfunctions caused by an unaltered Glock are extremely rare in my experience, they do occur. I enjoy the somewhat unique position of watching 1700+ Glock handguns shoot in excess of 900,000 rounds a year and have for near ten years now. They are my only choice for a self defense pistol.

That said, they are not the end all - be all and I don't dismiss other offerings. Many, if not most other pistols can claim some advantage over the Glock whether it be ergonomics, trigger feel, easier to grip slide serrations or grip angle. I just haven't found one which surpasses the Glock in every category. Everything is a compromise and with the reliability of modern day pistols and quality ammo the selection of a pistol is largely subjective.

You said it. I keep thinking of moving away from Glock to a new platform, but there is just no overwhelming reason to do so. They are by no means perfect, but are a great compromise.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    For some, Glock may be an "acquired" taste, for many, we came to appreciate them readily and easily. There`s a lot to love about knowing the weapon you bet your life on, will always go "bang" when you need it to.

I'm guessing that if I bought one and shot it enough I would grow to like it, maybe not. My daily carry weapon has several thousand rounds through it with no malfunctions. We all have our preferences, I just prefer a 1911 over a Glock...

Top Bottom