• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Megyn has been working her own brand for years.

I agree.

Her mannerism has trended more and more left, pretty much culminating at the Republican debate, using all gotcha liberal talking points. She'll fit in well at NBC.

Eh, not so much here. She's been pretty consistently moderate to right leaning. She got a burr up her ass about Trump dissing women, and apparently since she got in the God King's face about it, Trumpers be like hatin' some Megan. But it seems her and Trump have made up since. She's been fair in her critical approach to covering him without making it personal. Now, if you think all criticism of Trump is unfair, well, you're probably not gonna view Kelly fairly, either.

I hope some creative soul pieces together a compilation YouTube video of Megyn's facial expressions as she "covered" anouncements through this past election.

Well, "creative" indeed. They'd need to be creative to pull that off. Whoever posted that video is seeing things that aren't there. At no point did she look like she was going to cry. I watched the entire election on FOX, flipping occasionally between FOX, CNN, and the broadcast networks, just to see how salty they all were. I thought just about everyone on FOX, including Kelly, were pretty upbeat throughout the whole thing, compared to, say, ABC and CNN. Kelly behaved quite jovial--though her usual overly sensationalist self--through the whole thing.

It seemed to me like Megan Kelly was having a good night, along with me, and just under half of the rest of America. Though I am skeptical of Trump, I enjoyed watching the wicked criminal ***** lose the election.

I think a legitimate criticism of Kelly is not that she's a lefty (did you miss when she said Santa was white, just like Jesus? Not exactly leftist orthodoxy), but the legitimate criticism is that she's a sensationalist. If I hear her exclaim, "BREAKING NEWS!" in that "Oh, this [STRIKE]gossip[/STRIKE] news is so juicy" exuberance one more time I'm gonna hurl **** at the TV--or just turn the volume down and ogle. (At 45, plastic notwithstanding, she's still fair to look at)

#whocares

Exactly. She's just a plastic TV "news" personality. They come and go. But when she's on NBC, she'll likely have to keep her "Santa is white and so is Jesus" shtick to herself.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Doesn't matter to me who is on the box. The mouth the words come from never mattered to me, weigh it all for truth and accuracy best I can. I don't like opinion shows if I'm looking for news, I miss the old days when the anchor pretty much stated what happened and kept their opinions out of it.

"We" have made news anchors into celebrities, they are not. She's attractive and well spoken, well trained, that's why she's where she is.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'd have to tell her, "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

I'm actually glad she's leaving.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doesn't matter to me who is on the box. The mouth the words come from never mattered to me, weigh it all for truth and accuracy best I can. I don't like opinion shows if I'm looking for news, I miss the old days when the anchor pretty much stated what happened and kept their opinions out of it.

"We" have made news anchors into celebrities, they are not. She's attractive and well spoken, well trained, that's why she's where she is.

Those days are long gone. TV news has to compete with social media now. It's just not going to get any better.

She's hot, and while I did like her at first, she became increasingly annoying!

Like I said, the most annoying thing to me is that "BREAKING NEWS!" exuberance. Oh jeez. Just shut up already.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With this and the other thread on the same topic... it's been a pretty humorous sample size. You compare the reactions of the hard-Trump supporters, and the normal right-leaning INGO members... and you see how the divisiveness is alive and well.

Regular people are just commenting on how insignificant the move is, doesn't matter, or "I'll miss her"

Hard Trump supporters are baselessly calling her a leftist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With this and the other thread on the same topic... it's been a pretty humorous sample size. You compare the reactions of the hard-Trump supporters, and the normal right-leaning INGO members... and you see how the divisiveness is alive and well.

Regular people are just commenting on how insignificant the move is, doesn't matter, or "I'll miss her"

Hard Trump supporters are baselessly calling her a leftist.

But Santa is WHITE! WHITE I TELL YOU!

And so is Jesus.

Get over it.

So leftist. ****ing *****.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With this and the other thread on the same topic... it's been a pretty humorous sample size. You compare the reactions of NeverTrumpers, and the normal right-leaning INGO members... and you see how the divisiveness is alive and well...

Corrected. ;)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Corrected. ;)

Eh, no. I think he was correct with the original. The harder the Trumper, the more left people think Kelly is. Go ahead. Survey people's posts about Kelly. Which ones say she's a leftist? yep. Pretty much the Trumpers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Eh, no. I think he was correct with the original. The harder the Trumper, the more left people think Kelly is. Go ahead. Survey people's posts about Kelly. Which ones say she's a leftist? yep. Pretty much the Trumpers.

I think she's a leftist. I'm not a Trumper.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Can you share why you think this?

I'll start with a couple counter-points:

She anchored for Fox News.
    She has been very critical of the Obama administration.

Um, she anchored for Fox News therefore she had to be critical of the Obama administration.

Top Bottom