• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've just been air drying by sticking them in a Crown Royal bag and hanging them on a particular door knob because it's in front of one of my heating vents. :):

Last edited:

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I used to use one of these spaced up off the floor by small sections of 2x4 ......https://www.menards.com/main/doors-...dow-screens/gs1033/p-1444433580307-c-7666.htm
    Using a small fan, I was able to get deprimed brass dry in a few hours. If I left the primers in it took a couple of days before no water was left when I deprimed them.
    One thing that really makes drying go faster is to use the "bath towel burrito" method to get the majority of water gone...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah I should probably mention my hillbilly Crown Royal bag method is deprimed brass and only about 100 ata time Probably wouldn't work for high volume guys

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Couldn't tell you how long it takes though. Clean, hang the bag on the door knob and go to work, they're dry when I get home :dunno:

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    In the summer I set them on the hot sidewalk in a paper box lid. I've used a dedicated, junky toaster oven too but it's too small for quantities this large and it just seems like a waste of energy.
    I have also set them in front of the dehumidifier where the air from the fan will blow on them.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I just roll them around on a dry towel to get most of the water off and then aim a box fan toward the pile and let it blow on them for a couple of hours. Once or twice while the fan’s running I’ll redistribute the pile on the towel by moving the brass around with my hand. Works fine.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    A little $15 space heater (one that has a fan) will do wonders. I shake my wet brass out in a towel and put them in a metal mesh basket held up directly over the space heater boxed in underneath. (Think DIY dehydrator with higher heat. A fan and a heat source below, stuff to dry above, in a semi enclosed ventilated environment.) An hour sitting over that heat the brass is warm and dry. Shake them out in another towel. The heat the brass holds will take care of any remaining moisture.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pretty simple $60 answer...

41u1JItUyTL.jpg

It dries water quenched cast boolits pretty well also.

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    I took a couple of hornady case trays and drilled holes in the bottom. Stand up the brass and place on heater vent. Does 100 at a time and takes about 15 minutes. Of course it only works for de-primed brass.

Indy574

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Marshall County
    Summertime, I put them outside on a towel. Wintertime, I will give each cartridge a shot of from my air compressor. Blowing from the case mouth through the primer hole, this aids dry time exponentially. Pain in the ass, yes, but gets the job done.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    $19.99 Walmart toaster oven, $3 wire tray.

400pcs of 9mm, or 200pcs 223.

150 degree 10 minutes, with the oven door cracked open 1/8" to let the hot moisturized air out.

Spread the brass out, let cool off on a sheet of large paper target.

No, you can't hurt the brass at 150 degrees, you can't hurt the brass if you boil it in water(212 degrees), either.

7+ years with this method, no problem.

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I like to use a bit of the car wash with wax as it aids drying quite a bit.
    To dry, I simply put the separated wet brass on a dedicated and full size bath towel. Fold lengthwise to make a long burrito (as mentioned previously).
    Then grab each of the longs ends and alternate tipping ends to tumble the brass inside the towel. Be aggressive and the brass will be 90% dry in just a half dozen tumbles.
    Then I place it on the same towel and put a mini fan across it. Dries quickly enough to be spotless either in the morning or in the afternoon when I get home from work.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    I like to use a bit of the car wash with wax as it aids drying quite a bit.
    To dry, I simply put the separated wet brass on a dedicated and full size bath towel. Fold lengthwise to make a long burrito (as mentioned previously).
    Then grab each of the longs ends and alternate tipping ends to tumble the brass inside the towel. Be aggressive and the brass will be 90% dry in just a half dozen tumbles.
    Then I place it on the same towel and put a mini fan across it. Dries quickly enough to be spotless either in the morning or in the afternoon when I get home from work.

This...except I do 20 slow tumbles back and forth.....different strokes and all !!

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I typically use 2-3 old towels,

hold the corners of the towel, roll the brass back & forth on the 1st towel, switch to 2nd towel & repeat.

Then put it in a few dollar tree wire baskets & on the heater vents overnight, dry by morning.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Top Bottom