• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Politics aside, he was a firearms pioneer and in the same category as Sam Colt, Smith and Wesson, Browning, and Gene Stoner. But I sure don't expect any words of remembrance from President Obama on this one.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    If you think he was an evil communist, you need to read up on his life. Would an "evil communist" be a lifetime member of the NRA and come to many of their conventions?

To the designer of the greatest homeland defense weapon of all times, rest in peace Comrade Kalashnikov.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't always translate over well in text and I forgot the purple font. I'm a huge fan and have probably a dozen or better kalashnikiv patterned rifles. Huge fan, and honestly didn't mean any disrespect to the man.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    May he rest in peace. Those that design the best weapons are not responsible for how others misuse them. He designed a better mouse trap so the soldiers in the field would have the best chance of coming home alive. Regardless of how the media may spin it, he was a great man with honorable intentions. I watched an interview once where he and Eugene Stoner met and discussed their rifles, it was a historic event. Although many may misuse his product, I'll be there are a lot of people living free in many countries because if it too.

The INVENTOR of the legendary AK-47 ASSAULT RIFLE, Mikhail KALASHNIKOV turns 93 on 10th of November - YouTube

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Mikhail Kalashnikov and Eugene Stoner were two of the most talented firearms designers of our time. RIP Mikhail...

KS.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    He didn't steal it or anything. Hugo Schmeisser designed it and the Party gave the credit to Misha instead of the fascist viper that did the work in Factory 74 and in Suhl.

Ah, ok, I knew it was something along those lines. And I saw you'd already posted in the other thread anyway, so I wasn't even really "in before".

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Politics aside, he was a firearms pioneer and in the same category as Sam Colt, Smith and Wesson, Browning, and Gene Stoner. But I sure don't expect any words of remembrance from President Obama on this one.
    What the heck do you want the President say? The guy that designed the gun that killed and continues to kill US troops passed away let's all have a moment of silence?

Bogan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    The hypocrisy is incredibly thick in this thread.

Mike Kalashnikov was a devout communist who admired Lenin and Stalin. It's OK for the gorms though, because he's the penultimate "Pro-gunner", right?

Well, here's something else: he was also an ardent gun control proponent:
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Kalashnikov backs weapons control

Now listen to the sounds of wingnut heads exploding...

Top Bottom