• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    MY my, I dont feel like I called anyone out on anything. But if it makes you feel better, go ahead and think that. I guess I will go back to keeping my head down and mouth shut, same as I do in real life. For me,that seems the best way to interact, lots less drama.

There was some humor in that of course but wow.......I just have to wonder.

And yes....you called it a load of crap when in fact it was not. Well,the fire thing. I have still not managed that one yet.

I too am very good with alternatives to that process.....:)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Take it easy. Don't get bent out of shape. Sometimes people read more into what is written, than is actually said.
    Printed work sucks for that, cause there are no body language clues.

church mouse is a pretty stand up guy.

meets with people.
    buys burgers
    fixes A/C
    etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Take it easy. Don't get bent out of shape. Sometimes people read more into what is written, than is actually said.

meets with people.
    buys burgers
    fixes A/C
    etc.

So I am guessing this will cost me a double bacon C-burger then.......:):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

meets with people.
    buys burgers
    fixes A/C
    etc.

Yeah CM was definitely taken the wrong way on that. I got him but the other guy didn't. Happens to me here all the time. I'm an in person communicator. I like to look someone in the eye when we speak and see their body language. I don't even realize I'm doing it it's just natural. I grew up from a young age meeting thousands (im not exagerating) of people and communicating with them. I was taught and schooled how to. That was another life but some things Stick with you.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    From Wikipedia: Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Do you have any idea as to how many of these "Millennials" are serving in the US military right now? How many of these millennium babies left their lives to go serve in late 2001 and 2002? Every generation, even mine, has their share of lazy do nothings....but do not lump all of these brave and intelligent men and women into the same group with these safe space seeking, gender confused, over entitled, basement dwelling, thumb suckers.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From Wikipedia: Millennials (also known as Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when this cohort starts or ends. Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years.

Do you have any idea as to how many of these "Millennials" are serving in the US military right now? How many of these millennium babies left their lives to go serve in late 2001 and 2002? Every generation, even mine, has their share of lazy do nothings....but do not lump all of these brave and intelligent men and women into the same group with these safe space seeking, gender confused, over entitled, basement dwelling, thumb suckers.

Rebuttal: Bradley Manning. Lol

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I think the article misses the mark in that it is not really the lack of skills that is the average millennial's biggest problem, but instead it is their attitude and outlook on life. Any reasonably intelligent and sufficiently motivated person can improvise solutions to most problems provided they have the willingness to try and don't expect someone else to swoop in and save them. The problem with many millenials is that they expect to receive help at the slightest hint of adversity to the point that they never develop problem solving skills or experience.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Didn't read the whole thread. Any subset that shows lack of basic skills is more a measure of the previous generation to teach than it is on the current generation to learn. I'm a firm believer that brats are not born they are made. A child/young adult must be taught.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Didn't read the whole thread. Any subset that shows lack of basic skills is more a measure of the previous generation to teach than it is on the current generation to learn. I'm a firm believer that brats are not born they are made. A child/young adult must be taught.

This and several other good points.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Not my millenial. Our oldest just got back form teaching a survival class to school-age kids in Hong Kong. Yes, he did get paid for it. And avoided running afoul of the Glorious Revolution police.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had to look up the urban dictionary on what they even consider a millennial. They say between 1980-1995.
    That's a pretty wide range. I think there are a lot of ****tards in every generation but that stretch wouldn't be what I'd consider the worst living

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok...I will be the first to admit that this is a drunk text but it kills me as to how helpless people have become!!!

Granted I understand you can't know everything about everything but common sense has and is GONE!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok...I will be the first to admit that this is a drunk text but it kills me as to how helpless people have become!!!

Granted I understand you can't know everything about everything but common sense has and is GONE!!

Yes. It is.
    If sense were common everyone would have it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't know what older generations they interviewed that know outdoor survival skills but coming from someone who has taught survival classes including one put on for ingo members years ago, I think the age groups are pretty equally split on this honestly. Also there's a huge movement in the "millenial" age group for prepping and outdoor survival and bushcraft skills.
    Also MOST of the people that claim to know how to start a fire (one example) may have watched a YouTube video or read a survival manual but have never put it into practice (and it takes more than once), so I call bull****.
    Kinda like self defense and mall ninja gun skills, talk big game but carry limp stick.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying ANYTHING bad about my ingo students I had. They were all excellent and most already had a pretty good grasp on survival and became friends with many of them.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know what older generations they interviewed that know outdoor survival skills but coming from someone who has taught survival classes including one put on for ingo members years ago, I think the age groups are pretty equally split on this honestly. Also there's a huge movement in the "millenial" age group for prepping and outdoor survival and bushcraft skills.
    Also MOST of the people that claim to know how to start a fire (one example) may have watched a YouTube video or read a survival manual but have never put it into practice (and it takes more than once), so I call bull****.
    Kinda like self defense and mall ninja gun skills, talk big game but carry limp stick.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying ANYTHING bad about my ingo students I had. They were all excellent and most already had a pretty good grasp on survival and became friends with many of them.

I'll have to disagree, and not because the older generations were "tougher" or "more resourceful". But simply because the percentage of people that live in rural compared to suburban or especially urban environments. Well a few more reasons, how many kids have access to woodlands they can explore now compared to 20 years ago? 30? 50? And yes I'm going to go there, electronics. When I was a kid pong was the hottest thing, then came Atari.

Where I grew up was suburban, but a block/block and a half a way there was forest, swamp, lake I could access to explore. Now closest would be 5 miles at least and you have to stay on the trails. No access to those that you can just wander now for at least 20-30 miles. In regards to fire, I can use a lighter, matches, ferro rod, magnifying glass, and once used a flint and steel. Never started one by rubbing two boy scouts together though.

I saw a report a couple years back that kind of explains it. Take a deep rural kid and drop them in the middle of Indy or Cago. How will they respond? Take a urban kid and drop em in the woods it will be about the same.

Top Bottom