• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My wife and I like to fish in MN. For us it wasn't too bad to get the MN permit since we go up there occasionally anyway. We stopped into the sheriff's office at the county where we took the training and dropped off the paperwork. I wanted my wife to have some formal training, although I could have taught her, I figured she would find the classroom part more interesting. There are also differences between MN and IN law which your need to know if you are going to carry in MN. The main difference is that MN does not have a Castle doctrine, which basically means you have a duty to retreat if possible whereas in Indiana you can "stand your ground".

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    IK,R?

Now what to do about that trip to Minnesota that I'm canceling. This is going to cause some serious trouble with the Boss of Me!

From https://dps.mn.gov/ [h=3]If I am a non-resident, must I take an approved firearms training class in Minnesota in order to get a Minnesota permit to carry?[/h]No. You are only required to present evidence that you have received training in the safe use of a pistol from an organization or government entity that has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety in accordance with the department’s standards.

What does it take to become one of MNs certified instructors? I spend enough time up there that I have to seriously consider getting the non-resident.

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    MN recognizes NV Not sure if you ever make it out to Las Vegas but my wife and I fly out there occasionally. Its a pretty cheap vacation actually, unless you gamble too much. Anyhow, If you ever make it out to Vegas there are instructors that will get you ready in one day (classes and range) You can go to the finger print and processing station the next morning and wait a couple months for your NV CCW. They are good for 5 years, and when you renew you only have a half day of classes and can go to processing the same day. Yeah I know some folks wont like the hassle, making a trip, classes, range qualification etc etc. but this is one available solution.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom