Mitt Romney on ALL the Maine delegates being stripped of their credentials...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    In my opinion, the best thing that can happen for any true Libertarian or third party candidate would be to elect Romney.

Then assuming that in four years the problems that exist today still exist four years from now, a third party candidate could make a major push by merely suggesting, "Obama or Romney, it doesn't matter. The same results. More cronyism. More class warfare. More broken promises. More of the same status quo which has existed in our political system for the last decade."

Plenty of my moderate/independent friends are voting for Romney for the simple fact that NOTHING has changed (in fact it's gotten worse) over the course of Obama's first term.

When nothing changes after 4 years of Romney/Ryan, then perhaps a Libertarian or third party candidate could have a shot.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    So what happens next time (or maybe in November) if the Tea Party (in its original pre-neocon hijack form) joins up with the Libertarians? I would have thought the GOP leadership would have taken the hint that people are getting sick of them.

Thinking and GOP do not belong in the same paragraph.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    In my opinion, the best thing that can happen for any true Libertarian or third party candidate would be to elect Romney.

Then assuming that in four years the problems that exist today still exist four years from now, a third party candidate could make a major push by merely suggesting, "Obama or Romney, it doesn't matter. The same results. More cronyism. More class warfare. More broken promises. More of the same status quo which has existed in our political system for the last decade."

Plenty of my moderate/independent friends are voting for Romney for the simple fact that NOTHING has changed (in fact it's gotten worse) over the course of Obama's first term.

When nothing changes after 4 years of Romney/Ryan, then perhaps a Libertarian or third party candidate could have a shot.

I see what you are thinking, however I strongly disagree. I will not vote for him, nor will any of my "independent minded" friends.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Ron Paul needed at least 5 states? Check, he gets 6. RNC suddenly changes rule to 8 and strips one of Ron Paul's states anyways....

Last edited:

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas

Unfortunately, people have short term memories. 4 years ago, I'm sure that thought process existed too. Bush spends too much and erodes freedom, so people swung to the D side. 4 years later, the see that nothing is better with Obama and some votes swing back to the R. We should be looking at it this year saying Bush or Obama, no difference.

To be honest, we as an electorate, are idiots. We do the same thing every 4 years for decades and keep thinking that the other party (D or R, whichever is not in power) is going to make things better.

The best thing to happen for third party candidates is for one to break the magical 5% mark and start getting some modicum of funding. Maybe then it can gain some momentum for 2016.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012

Wait a second. How was Bush any different than Obama? You should have been able to say that this election. Nothing changes when the party controlling the white house changes.
    But neocons just loved Bush and saying he was just like Obama is anathema to them. How will it be any different under 4 years of Mitt? They will lie to themselves even as they catch on fire.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Did Bush try to ban your guns? Was he anti-Christian? Did he fan the fires of class and race warfare? I could go on. You people choose your pet issues where there are similarities and ignore the rest. You have legitimate points but you obscure them by making blanket statements which are clearly wrong. "Blah blah blah self proclaimed moral high ground blah blah I know best blah blah."

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And looks where that has gotten us? Is a two party system with the same big bank masters running them. Be a adult and vote with your morals. People like you make me sick!
    So who do you think is behind all of this? The bank masters? Is this the Bilderbergs? I saw the video that the Anonymous group was spamming several months ago. Is that what you are talking about?

Top Bottom