• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I agree with Ron Paul as far as getting rid of a lot of the bases and bring the troops home to save money. We do NOT need 25 bases in Europe alone when 3 could do it easily. We put bases all around the world and especially around Russia during the Cold War for a deterence but today the battle is fought differently against multiple enemies. Unfortunately, I do not feel Ron Paul can win the election and is unelectable to the younger crowd especially.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Smoking357 and Joe are each going to vote for Obama now. This is why we can't have nice things.

Not if the Republicans nominate Ron. I just can't support any Republican who isn't a true conservative.

irishfan said:
    I agree with Ron Paul as far as getting rid of a lot of the bases and bring the troops home to save money. We do NOT need 25 bases in Europe alone when 3 could do it easily. We put bases all around the world and especially around Russia during the Cold War for a deterence but today the battle is fought differently against multiple enemies. Unfortunately, I do not feel Ron Paul can win the election and is unelectable to the younger crowd especially.

Cough, gag, what? Ron Paul is staggeringly popular with the younger crowd. The fuddy-duddy Republicans always complain about the kids supporting him in straw polls. Younger people have no use for old mens' wars.

And 0 bases in Europe works just fine. If Russia is going to lob ICBMs at us, they're coming over the Pole, and we don't even have SDI, yet.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You don't get to act however you want and apply the label 'conservative' to it. Your position is the same leftist meddling position taken by Woodrow Wilson, Leon Trotsky, Leo Strauss, FDR and other hard-leftists.

if you oppose Ron Paul on national security and wars of foreign adventurism, you're a leftist, simple as that. When the Republican Party clears the leftists (neocons, corporatists and others) from its ranks, it has a prayer of recovery.

As long as it continues to run the same scumball AIPAC, PNAC, CFR candidates it is the more evil of the two parties. If the Republicans run Romney or Pence, I'll vote for Obama to teach them a lesson that they need to return to conservatism.

Here's the problem with your approach. If they see a landslide number of votes for the far left, they aren't going to think they need to move to the right. They're going to think they're too far to the right already, and move even more left.

If they instead see a truckload of votes further to the right, in a sufficient amount to easily cost them an election, THEN they might realize those are lost votes, and move to the right to get them back. They simply won't see a vote for Obama as a lost vote, since most Obama voters would never vote for a Republican anyway.

Top Bottom