Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I wish every state could do that. I cannot believe something like this could pass in the USA ... on second thought, we arent the USA we used to be it would seem

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ... I cannot believe something like this could pass in the USA ... on second thought...

Whatever.
    Paris+Hilton+Debut+Album+Release+Party+bFX1qHdbHp4l.jpg

sarcasm

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Looks like the Montana politicians who voted for this travesty will have to look at the possibility of paying a price for their votes. Wish we had similar rights to get rid of scum here. Interesting to note that one of the lead people in the Montana recall effort is Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers. Guess he takes these things seriously.

Montanans Launch Recall of Senators Who Approved NDAA Military Detention. Merry Christmas, US Senate

86 Senators should all be recalled or prosecuted for failing to uphold their oath of office! What is it going to take to get America to WAKE UP?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    86 Senators should all be recalled or prosecuted for failing to uphold their oath of office! What is it going to take to get America to WAKE UP?

American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, the Biggest Loser, and Glee being cancelled. Make a bubble to give a false sense of security and keep adding mind numbing distractions, you can do pretty much anything you want without being noticed by the masses.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Even the biggest of avalanches can start with a single snowflake. Let's hope and pray that Montana has given the country just that snowflake--and that the other states capable of doing so follow their lead. Maybe then, the other 41 states will pass similar measures.

Sorry for the snow analogies--got all stirred up and happy about seeing the (very temporary) snowfall outside today!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's interesting howl bipartisan the nays were. ALso, why did Moran from KS not vote? I think not voting or voting present should be illegal.
    Yes, let's make everything with which we disagree illegal.

There is no " present" and some people aren't physically present for the vote. It happens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011

There is no " present" and some people aren't physically present for the vote. It happens.

But it shouldnt, unless under extreme conditions (family passed away etc). These people get paid how much for working how many days a year? And they can just NOT show up?

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

You're very much overstating what I said. I forget what the term is for what you just did but magnifying my words into ridiculousness is not an intelligent way to argue. I didn't say "let's make everything I disagree with illegal".

"For a rollcall vote to be constitutionally valid, a majority of Senators must vote, answer “Present,”
    or announce that they have live pairs and refrain from voting for that reason.
    23"

http://www.senate.gov/CRSReports/crs-publish.cfm?pid=&*2D4QLO9

It is indeed possible however, after a little more looking into, it is very uncommon in the US Senate and is generally used only when a conflict of interests is present. It is not uncommon in many state legislatures and I mistakenly drew on this fact when I was initially talking about the US Senate. Outside of very dire circumstances I'm still not happy about senators simply not being there for the vote. Senators and representatives campaigning for President are somewhat notorious for this.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom