• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I am going to have to stick with blaming both on this one, but for different reasons. I will blame the law for being ridiculous and poorly thought out, but I will also blame the individuals that enforced this law for the ridiculous length they went to pull toy guns off the shelf of a small business owner.

Just because selling food and beverages without a license is illegal, does not mean we should enforce it by shutting down little girl's lemonade stands. That would be far outside the spirit of the law, and was never a target of enforcement when the law was written.

When laws are stretched this far from the spirit envisioned when written, and enforcement discretion is so black and white that the laws are applied in ridiculous ways - we can blame the enforcers.

The legislative intent of laws are on record, and are available to the public to view.

Unfortunately, legislators are too corrupt, or too stupid to correctly pen a statute. Call it job security potential.

Not to slam anyone here that may be an attorney, but many of our elected officials are attorneys. They realize that they may be forced from office one day.....and will have to make a living in the real world again. So they intentionally leave holes in the law in order to guarantee their ability to work in the private sector.

Top Bottom