• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Thanks guys, I'll send you PMs and also post again when I get some more info on the Mosin shoot. Didn't end up going last Tuesday, but next meeting is in 2 weeks.

Les

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    how about.....

I don't have any Mosins myself, but I've been wanting to learn about different configurations of them, find and decide on the one I want. Would a "wanting" to be a mosin owner be welcome to come, talk, see, walk and learn with you at this event? I've never even fired a Mosin, maybe I could grab a few rounds and hope some nice people would let me put a couple down range.

(Out of curiosity where does Mosin recoil stand with say a 7mm Mag?)

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I would like to get together with some Mosin guys. I am one of the new guys that really needs some tips and pointers. Doesn't seem to matter how I adjust my sights I am still shooting high.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Might be interested, never have shot my T53 along with my Remington M91.

t53reciever.jpg

jdfast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    SW Indy
    I don't have any Mosins myself, but I've been wanting to learn about different configurations of them, find and decide on the one I want. Would a "wanting" to be a mosin owner be welcome to come, talk, see, walk and learn with you at this event? I've never even fired a Mosin, maybe I could grab a few rounds and hope some nice people would let me put a couple down range.

(Out of curiosity where does Mosin recoil stand with say a 7mm Mag?)

I'm not far (Camby'ish) if you ever want to have a local mosin shoot.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Faine, I have had my mosins for about 5 years and studying mosins for about that long. I am still finding variations. You won't know which variation you want until you decide what you want your mosin for...then you can go to a few shows and dealer crates***,drive them all crazy by going through every mosin they have until you find the mosin that suites you. They are not all created equal, so be patient.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Faine, I have had my mosins for about 5 years and studying mosins for about that long. I am still finding variations. You won't know which variation you want until you decide what you want your mosin for...then you can go to a few shows and dealer crates***,drive them all crazy by going through every mosin they have until you find the mosin that suites you. They are not all created equal, so be patient.

Yet another reason I'd like to learn by doing. Going, talking to people, learning first hand what works, what doesn't work, how to best find the model that I'm interested in, etc... Most times when I go into Bradis they've got a slew Mosins laying around and I generally end up staring at them for an hour before I leave, just wondering which one was right for me but not willing to lay down the $$ even though it's minimal to just get one.

(Just to throw it out there, there's always a model/type that you see that just intrigues you and makes you want something even more, the picture below is that one for me.)

Mosin-Nagant_karbin_m1938_Ryssland_-_AM.032891 by faineroxor, on Flickr

Last edited:

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Keep going, until you know far more about them than the people you are buying them from. Don't educate them though. If they stumble onto one that is extra special we don't want them to know it.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm not far (Camby'ish) if you ever want to have a local mosin shoot.

Weather and wife permitting I'm always up for going shooting! :ar15:

I would like to know if this OP Event is planned to be open to non-Mosin owners to provide some learning experience though. It's a bit of a drive for me but far enough out that I should be able to make it if it is, who knows, might end up meeting up with some people around here and learning the basics and be able to bring a Mosin by the time July rolls around.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    If we consider Sundays, that opens up a lot more possibilities in June or July. Maybe those who are interested can let me know which weekend works best and if Sunday would be ok if necessary. Then I can try to accommodate the most. I really don't have a preference at this point but will need to set a date soon or take what is left over like last year.

Les

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Weather and wife permitting I'm always up for going shooting! :ar15:

I would like to know if this OP Event is planned to be open to non-Mosin owners to provide some learning experience though. It's a bit of a drive for me but far enough out that I should be able to make it if it is, who knows, might end up meeting up with some people around here and learning the basics and be able to bring a Mosin by the time July rolls around.

Sure, anyone can come. Just can't shoot against us with a Remchester. Gotta have a Mosin to compete (for the money in any case)

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Sure, anyone can come. Just can't shoot against us with a Remchester. Gotta have a Mosin to compete (for the money in any case)

I hadn't planned on competing at all, jut learning and meeting people for the most part. I'll keep an eye out for dates/times of this and make my future plans accordingly now that I have been given the thumbs up to attend.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I would be interested. I don't remember what the two carbines are that I have. Purchased them 10+ years ago. Suprised that they are going for $100 and over.

Top Bottom