• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Cut 8"x8" square hole in a wall, (3 1/2") dead space in most, insert firearm
    and cover with a family picture or portrait.

Long guns can be concealed in the same fashion using a long, framed mirror.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Here's there site. www.qlinedesign.com The wife and I looked at a bed one time that had compartments like this in the head board.

That is a great concept, until your house burns down. I can see it working well for one or two quick access firearms, but no way I would keep every valuable I own in there. I am getting ready to build a wall unit in my living room, I may have to consider adding something like this.

Nimrodknaack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    actaeon277 - Thanks for the video. That is an awesome safe. I have heard many stories about safes not protecting from fire (even when fire resistant). I would think, if someone broke in, a safe would be the first thing they tried to take or break in. I wonder if keeping them around hidden in plain sight is not a better option.:dunno:

Jordan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Camby/Moorseville
    If constant carry is not an option...

Find unique ways to conceal and secure firearms in your most commonly used areas. For most that will be bed, couch, kitchen counter, perhaps bathroom.

Beds are easy with plenty of aftermarket kits. Not sure I have seen anything for a couch but a mounted holster or quicksafe could probably be rigged into the side of the couch with a flap cut and re-secured with velcro. Kitchen is easy, plenty of space and cubbies to hide away in.

Then there is the bathroom... I always thought a tip out drawer just below the toilet paper holder on the side of the cabinet would be fun to try. Would want some stripping or something to keep it sealed away from the moisture when shut though.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This thread is fun and all (I once made a book for my Bersa), but really the best place for your firearm in your holster. I don't want to be trying to reach a firearm during an invasion.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Have you ever though about Johnson Safes. They are beautifully built, have a superb fire rating, and the owner of the company (Jeff Johnson) will deliver it to your house and bolt it into the floor for you.
    He is also an ingo supporter and his safes are at reasonable prices.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    They make coated magnets, so they won't mar the gun, to attach a gun under tables or against walls and such. I have made use of those frequently throughout my house. I even put one in a handy grab pace in my john with one. I keep them in various drawers and cabinets in the house as well. It may not be the best but I live alone and I know where they are, most don't even see them when they open a drawer if they visit.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    When I lived in cities that had handgun bans, I used a hollow book (biography of Nixon) and kept one in the freezer and a guitar case for the long guns (I only took 2 with me).

Okay I got to ask. Knowing the analytical thinking process you show all the time, why did you pick the Bio of Nixon?

Oh yeah, Gardens Ridge has a good selection of hollowed out books that look real. My favorite was "A Call to Arms".

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    Glock 27 in old cigar box

B81326E6-8F70-47C1-9E08-909881D384FE-12582-000006C5CB62DF07.jpg

9C966A24-BBF9-473D-9287-06CFC520162C-12582-000006C5D25858A4.jpg

31BD0DAA-7076-4F33-9329-1ED5AFD26A04-12582-000006C5CE7EC130.jpg

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    I keep one in the magazine rack by the toilet and on in an empty cereal box on the fridge

Last edited:
    Top Bottom