Lafayette, Indiana
    Where to start?

Colt Monitor

Colt M1921

FN-D in 8mm

ZB-26

LeMat revolver

Heym double rifle in .450/400

A Cooper in 6PPC that could not miss. It was terrifying.

Lots of cool stuff.

Stolle Panda in 6mm PPC with bumped up Leupold BR.

I just feel in love.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    2h2l1fb.jpg

A Nazi officers Luger from WWII. By far one of the weirdest pistols ever made. When I first shot it I hit the mag release with my trigger pull so after the round went off the mag dropped and the slide locked back. I though I blew it up.

I want to own a Luger someday. They are the first pistol I ever really wanted and liked. Followed by the 1911.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    M79 grenade launcher, very fun to shoot, and easier to put rounds on target than the M203.

Oooo I've always liked the looks of the M79, like a modern blunderbuss that does way more damage haha.

Cool stuff guys. I knew there would be a lot of interesting stuff mentioned. Gonna have to sit down and Google a lot of these.

Keep it going!

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I fired a scoped single shot pistol in 300 winmag last year. The owner bought it for deer in indiana. Talk about an experience, lol.

tyler835

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2014
    Indianapolis
    image.jpg M777 A2 155mm Howitzer. Spent 5 years in the Field Artillery. Nothing beats feeling the earth move beneath your feet when one of these babies go off.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    My most unique was a 8mm Mauser back in 2004. A friends brother was the owner and offered to sell it to me for $100. So stupid for not buying it.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Please elaborate. I'm curious.

To open the action the whole trigger guard slides to the rear, and that's how you open it. To be honest I don't know if it's that unique, I've just never seen or heard about another that opens like that.

And that was part of the gun safety that I had when I was growing up. The gun was always accessible, but I wasn't allowed to shoot it, and the only thing exposed was the hammer. I didn't know how to open it and until he wanted to teach me how to shoot it he didn't show me how.

The only info on it is Made in Brazil, and the company name is partially faded/worn off, but I think it says H.I.P. CORP, MIAMI, FLA. The first three letters could be anything though, just looks most like HIP. EDIT: From looking online it may actually be FIF.

Break open lever gun with exposed hammer by any chance? That was MY first gun.

Bob

The above covers part of that. Only exposed part is the hammer. No safety or anything. It's full choke and has a 28" barrel with a bead sight and a notch in the receiver. It has killed hundreds of starlings and countless raccons, rabbits, skunks, opossums, etc. The only thing we have had to do to it is replace the firing pin when it broke.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Those were good days.:)

Latest unique gun is full of Indiana history, made in Greenfield.

A 45-70 Century.

Those are very neat guns not being made any longer. Originally they were out of Evansville IN. That guy had an engraver who was first class. They made 35 rem 30-30 45-70 45-90 and one even bigger 50-100 maybe?

They shoot better and easier than you would believe they could.

Top Bottom