• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    What do you all do when you have the lack of motivation to carry your gun??? I always go in spurts where I just don't feel like messing with my gun belt, holster, etc. I do have a LCP that I'll throw in my pocket. How do you all stay motivated to carry mid to large size guns every day??

Thanks

gjclark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Turn on the news for 5 minutes while getting ready.
    I think about how I would feel if something happened to a friend or someone I love, knowing that I would have had the means to prevent it but didn't take the time to prepare myself. It makes my gut wrench and I strap up.

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    How do you all stay motivated to carry mid to large size guns every day??

Thanks

I carry everyday. I know I'm safe, and my family is too. Getting home safe is what drives me. My wife has started carrying a compact with her at all times. She never would have considered before we were married.

Bigphil5000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    Columbus
    Make it muscle memory!! You wouldn't leave the house and think " I don't feel like messing with my wallet"
    It will be a lot easier to "mess" with grabbing your gun than mess with looking for somewhere to run and hide
    when the terrible situation arises. We only get one life protect it.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    What do you all do when you have the lack of motivation to carry your gun??? I always go in spurts where I just don't feel like messing with my gun belt, holster, etc. I do have a LCP that I'll throw in my pocket. How do you all stay motivated to carry mid to large size guns every day??

Thanks

Wearing a gun is not a motivation issue any more than putting on your underwear is something you need motivation to do. My daily attire includes wearing an undershirt, shirt, underwear, pants, socks, shoes, and a gun, being fully dressed, includes it all.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    I've only been carrying for a few months but I can say my motivation is that I want to be ready if something were to happen. Home invasions occur in all neighborhoods, at all times of the day. As soon as the pants go on in the morning, the weapon goes on my side. When I take it off it goes in exactly the same spot on the dresser. Unless I'm not permitted to have it on me , it will be there. I truly hope I never need it, but if I do, I want to know where it is. At home on my dresser is not the place for my weapon if I'm not the with it.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have a picture of my wife and I on the nightstand next to the alarm clock, and there is a wedding picture on the wall that I see when I walk into our bathroom. I walk out of our bedroom and see the kids rooms. Pictures of the kids on the wall in the stairway. Family pictures on the wall throughout the house. The days that I can't carry tick me off.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Being shot 4 times. After I got my LTCH I have left the house 3 times without a firearm for the past several years and I carry a big gun. I don't like mouse or baby guns nor am I a big fan of wheel guns even though I have a few. I don't go to states I can't carry in or buy products from those states.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I worry that, with the time and money I've spent to be proficient with my guns, it would be irresponsible for me not to carry. Forget about my own life, what if I was stuck in a position to have to watch others suffer when I could have stopped it?

One cannot predict when they might just run into evil.

millers-costume.jpg

nolen-facebook-3.jpg

james-holmes-aurora-shooter-american-terrorism.jpg

Terrorist%20Brothers%20Boston.jpg

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    who are first 2 pics
    I worry that, with the time and money I've spent to be proficient with my guns, it would be irresponsible for me not to carry. Forget about my own life, what if I was stuck in a position to have to watch others suffer when I could have stopped it?

One cannot predict when they might just run into evil.

millers-costume.jpg

nolen-facebook-3.jpg

james-holmes-aurora-shooter-american-terrorism.jpg

Terrorist%20Brothers%20Boston.jpg

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    #1 is of the two "beings"(Hoosiers,unfortunately) who killed the two officers and CCW holder in Vegas.#2 looks like Rockets' guard James Harden but I doubt I'd carry because if him(he seems like a cool guy) so I'm going to hazard a guess that it could be Major Davis Jr. but I could be sadly mistaken.

Top Bottom