• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Come on guys, cut the feebs some slack. They've been pretty busy monitoring wildlife refuges here lately. What's a few terrorist attacks when you are protecting nature stuff.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The cops at the Nazareth restaurant were wearing bus driver hats, story said they think this was the T-Mobile next door. On Google maps the area could've been straight outta Carmel.

"The median sales price for homes in Gahanna for Sep 17 to Dec 16 was $176,500"

"The median home cost in New Albany is $436,700" Source: Trulia

I work near Gahanna. Like most commercial development, businesses want to be near the suburbs but not actually in ​them (taxes, you know)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Probably not since they didn't send an informant to befriend him, talk him into actually doing something, provide him with the weapons to do so, and then swoop in and 'stop' him and then take credit for stopping a terrorist attack.

So, I see you are well-versed with an FBI operation then. However, in your glee to provide an answer, you forgot the MOST important element of an FBI operation . . . The Press Conference.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    I have reached the point now where I will avoid if at all possable patronizing buisnesses that don't allow legal CC. Especially since about 2 or more years ago a elderly couple was heading into a quite high end restaurant not to far from me where a dinner bill for a family of four easily approaches the $300 mark in a area considered low crime when they were confronted by a thug and the husband was shot.

After that incident and several others like it and one instance were I was accosted by 3 teenaged thugs while taking my two sons out for ice cream where I asked a friend to call the police, I decided to always, always, carry. That is why I invested in a great IWB holster and belt designed for supporting a CC gun and holster, and invested the time to learn how to carry well and are learning how to use a gun (I pray to God I NEVER have to) if ever left with no other choice.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    To be perfectly honest if I were to witness a complete stranger hacking people up I can not say for certain if armed that I would intervene with deadly force or take any action at all that may end up forcing me to use deadly force unless he turned his actions against myself or my loved ones. I'm truly sorry but in this day and age it is no longer a simple matter of the cercomstances surrounding the incident. I am caucasion and I now have no choice but to factor in the race and even possible religion of any wood be attacker before I become involved as a unaffected third party in a situation that doesn't pose a direct and imminent threat to my life or the lives of my loved ones. I know what the law in Indiana says about when it's legal to use deadly force, but what the law says and what a jury will think or believe are often two entirely different things.

I would be willing to first make use of what was on hand to incapacitate the attacker like a pot of hot coffee or open a pepper shaker and through its contents in his face or make use of a similar object or item, but to start off coming out with gun drawn and confront a non-firearm armed attacker to protect complete strangers, like I said in todays America I would likely think twice.

It really sucks and is actually insane that because of present day America's treatment of gun owners, I would be more willing to risk my life to save a perfect stranger by going into a burning building to try to help them, than buy using deadly force which in all likely hood pose much less threat than going into a burning building.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    To be perfectly honest if I were to witness a complete stranger hacking people up I can not say for certain if armed that I would intervene with deadly force or take any action at all that may end up forcing me to use deadly force unless he turned his actions against myself or my loved ones.

My safety and that of my loved ones is always my first priority. That said, if a dude walks into a restaurant with a machete and starts swingin, and my peeps are not in immediate danger, I'd choot him. :dunno:

I don't care what color he is.

I do find it interesting that when cops confronted the dude, they first tasered him. They knew, that at the very least, he had just committed attempted murder. Not second guessing them, just find it odd that when confronting someone who has demonstrated the will to carry out that kind of violence, they would go less than lethal.

I guess I would hope for reaction more along these lines;)...

[video=youtube;anEuw8F8cpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE[/video]

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    FWIW, I'm probably right there with you, but of course the circumstances at the moment determine the reaction.

I will add that police have the option of tasering because they have multiple backup enroute and the option of deadly force if the taser doesn't stop them, not to mention handcuffs for once the perp is down and needs incapacitated for more than just five seconds.

As for the video, your point is good. I rather like the story behind that shot: Harrison Ford had dysentery that day, and while he was supposed to grab a sword and fight the guy, he wasn't up to it. That shot was an ad-lib and was so bloody funny, it was left in the movie and expanded upon in the next one. (/trivia)

My safety and that of my loved ones is always my first priority. That said, if a dude walks into a restaurant with a machete and starts swingin, and my peeps are not in immediate danger, I'd choot him. :dunno:

I don't care what color he is.

I do find it interesting that when cops confronted the dude, they first tasered him. They knew, that at the very least, he had just committed attempted murder. Not second guessing them, just find it odd that when confronting someone who has demonstrated the will to carry out that kind of violence, they would go less than lethal.

I guess I would hope for reaction more along these lines;)...

[video=youtube;anEuw8F8cpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE[/video]

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    To be perfectly honest if I were to witness a complete stranger hacking people up I can not say for certain if armed that I would intervene with deadly force or take any action at all that may end up forcing me to use deadly force unless he turned his actions against myself or my loved ones. I'm truly sorry but in this day and age it is no longer a simple matter of the cercomstances surrounding the incident. I am caucasion and I now have no choice but to factor in the race and even possible religion of any wood be attacker before I become involved as a unaffected third party in a situation that doesn't pose a direct and imminent threat to my life or the lives of my loved ones. I know what the law in Indiana says about when it's legal to use deadly force, but what the law says and what a jury will think or believe are often two entirely different things.

I would be willing to first make use of what was on hand to incapacitate the attacker like a pot of hot coffee or open a pepper shaker and through its contents in his face or make use of a similar object or item, but to start off coming out with gun drawn and confront a non-firearm armed attacker to protect complete strangers, like I said in todays America I would likely think twice.

It really sucks and is actually insane that because of present day America's treatment of gun owners, I would be more willing to risk my life to save a perfect stranger by going into a burning building to try to help them, than buy using deadly force which in all likely hood pose much less threat than going into a burning building.

If it was a white Christian man hacking up strangers with a machete would you be more likely to help?

How about acquaintance's being hacked and stabbed?

Go with your gut and do nothing if you think ground pepper is a better option than a hand gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm truly sorry but in this day and age it is no longer a simple matter of the cercomstances surrounding the incident. I am caucasion and I now have no choice but to factor in the race and even possible religion of any wood be attacker before I become involved as a unaffected third party in a situation that doesn't pose a direct and imminent threat to my life or the lives of my loved ones. I know what the law in Indiana says about when it's legal to use deadly force, but what the law says and what a jury will think or believe are often two entirely different things.

I think you are miscalculating what any African-Americans or Muslims (of whatever race) would view this.

Don't let the Media and those who use race to further political goals confuse you. What is described here is a textbook case of self-defense/defense of others, regardless of the composition of the jury.

Whether Lake County or Washington County, this is clearly a justifiable deadly force scenario.

Top Bottom