• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Just got back a while ago found 16 yellows and one white.Looks like its about over down south, left a few because they were so crumbly ,knew they wouldnt be much when I got home. What I got will taste good though.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    Meanwhile, in West lafayette...
    jiduh3.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My father in law just found these in my woods today near the Lafayette are. He only looked around a small portion of it. I'm sure my wife will be on her way out there shortly.

4-28-2010mushrooms001.jpg

4-28-2010mushrooms002.jpg

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Yellows in Sheridan

My dad found these today in Sheridan, "Hamilton Co". I just had to go over for dinner for a steak, fresh asparagus and a few of these. :rockwoot:
    mushrooms.jpg

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I found 5 more today. 1 is pretty dry, 2 are small and the other 2 are nice. I'm going to love going mushroom hunting in my front, side, and back yards.

Now, if I can just keep my building crews out of them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Is there any way to cook these besides floor and butter? That smell makes me want to throw up so I don't eat them. I love regular sauteed mushrooms and was wondering if someone knew how to cook them that way and what seasoning to use.

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    Is there any way to cook these besides floor and butter? That smell makes me want to throw up so I don't eat them. I love regular sauteed mushrooms and was wondering if someone knew how to cook them that way and what seasoning to use.

If you want to sautee them, slice them lenghtwise and fry them with a little butter or olive oil. I just use salt and pepper, sometimes a lttle garlic powder as well.
    I don't like them breaded and can't stand the smell either.
    If you want to try something different, sautee them with onion or wild leek, then scramble a couple eggs right on top of them.
    Morels also go well on steak or baked with pork chops.

libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown

You could also try one of those boxes of batter mix. I like the "beer batter" for like fish and such, dip em in and fry em up. Maybe that would change the smell I cant guarantee anything cause I have never had a problem with the smell no matter how they are cooked.

wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Found 20 or so today. Alot of dried up ones. I believe they are done. I found 2 that were around 12'' tall and may not be able to be saved. Gonna try but not too worried. I was just finding more to freeze. Sick of eating them for a while.

Top Bottom