• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    What are the legal calibers for mushroom in Indiana? The guy at Walmart said that you have to use those mushrooming hollowpoints but I don't know where to find them. Where can you find cheap mushrooming hollowpoints in Indiana? I tried to post some pictures of the ammo and the guy but it wouldn't let me. ;)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Wanna know the bum deal for me? I'm red/green colorblind and I can't see the damn things. I'd step right over them.

I have to rely on someone to give me some of their "extras" if I'm gonna enjoy them

Or pay $40 a pound at the local market. (I refuse to do that)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lmao andre. that is a strange reference. and man 40 dollars a lb isn't as bad as i have seen it. a lot of the morel farmers sell them for up to 70 bucks a lb. i found about 15lbs of them last year and god did i eat good. i can't wait to get out here soon and start looking. blue gill and morel, i am not sure it gets much better than that

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    lmao andre. that is a strange reference. and man 40 dollars a lb isn't as bad as i have seen it. a lot of the morel farmers sell them for up to 70 bucks a lb. i found about 15lbs of them last year and god did i eat good. i can't wait to get out here soon and start looking. blue gill and morel, i am not sure it gets much better than that

That literally gives me butterflies in my stomach.

Also, I realize how gay that sounds, so no need to point it out. :D

I freakin love morells and bluegills. I can't wait!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gay??:dunno:

With the arrow reference I would assume Native American Indian.

The whole up the behind deal throws me a bit, are you saying you part gay Indian??

That explains the picture in your avatar then..:@ya:

:dunno:
    Here is a picture from the last INGO shoot. You were there, you remember?!? I told you you could rock that bandanna and the cowboy hat! :yesway:

village_people_narrowweb__300x2880.jpg

:laugh:

blackoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Last year on April 19 I found 24 lbs. on that day in Pike county spoil banks. I think it's going to be a little later this year. The woods haven't even started to green up yet, but the dam ticks are out and about already

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found a single gray on Sunday, just south of Martinsville. It was a runt and hidden by leaves. Only reason I saw it was because I was rooting around for a 22LR I dropped. It was in a spot where I always find early grays and yellows.

They gotta be up in quantity this weekend.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    With these warm temps and sun they should start finding a few down south.
    Like has already been said , once turkey season starts its usally on the downward trend

We always say when the dandilions are up the mushrooms are up

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Indiana in the Spring, mushrooms & Copperheads!
    Won't stop me from going, but I always go well armed!
    I have always been told you can smell them before you see them, I've seen'em, but I have never smelled them?

copperhead-snake.jpg

copperhead01.JPG

CopperheadLeaves.jpg

copperhead.jpg

sgt.porter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Deleware County
    When do you start hunting for mushrooms in Indiana?
    Got the fever yet?
    Mushroom hunting in Indiana can be a never ending, year long adventure, if you know what to look for. But I'll assume you're just looking for Morels.
    There is no set day or week to designate when the morel gods will begin their journey northward, spreading their sweet fruits as they go. Spend enough time in the woods and nature will let you know when the time is right. One day you'll wake up and just know that it is time to go hunting because the mushrooms have arrived.
    If you're just starting out though, there's an easier way to find out when to go hunting. Find one or more of the many morel communities on the internet. Morels.com even facebook are good places to look. Remember that morels travel northward, so find people who live south of you. When they start finding morels, your time is close. As a general rule of thumb, the first morels move at a rate of about 50 miles north per week. I expect to see reports of the first blacks in southern IN within a week and the first yellows a week or so later.
    I have access to more than a dozen private woodlands stretching from Richmond to Angola and normally get about 6 good weeks of morel hunting from mid Apr through mid June.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Did a little recon yesterday. Just starting to get some grass sprouting up in our woods. Saw the start of a few small "jack in the pulpits". We're probably 2 weeks away at our place. (straight west of Lafayette)

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Got the fever yet?
    Mushroom hunting in Indiana can be a never ending, year long adventure, if you know what to look for. But I'll assume you're just looking for Morels.
    There is no set day or week to designate when the morel gods will begin their journey northward, spreading their sweet fruits as they go. Spend enough time in the woods and nature will let you know when the time is right. One day you'll wake up and just know that it is time to go hunting because the mushrooms have arrived.
    If you're just starting out though, there's an easier way to find out when to go hunting. Find one or more of the many morel communities on the internet. Morels.com even facebook are good places to look. Remember that morels travel northward, so find people who live south of you. When they start finding morels, your time is close. As a general rule of thumb, the first morels move at a rate of about 50 miles north per week. I expect to see reports of the first blacks in southern IN within a week and the first yellows a week or so later.
    I have access to more than a dozen private woodlands stretching from Richmond to Angola and normally get about 6 good weeks of morel hunting from mid Apr through mid June.
    I have been away from Indiana for a few years. Moved back here late last spring miss it last year.But I am going out this morning. Cant help myself. The woods seem to be calling me.Even if I dont find anything I just have to get out there. With my wife being Ill I cant leave anytime I want but have a good friends wife that is going to step up and be with my wife while I'm gone. The weather Is nice the past couple of days. But like I said it might be early But I just cant help my self I have got to get out there and see for my self. :D:yesway:

Top Bottom