• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MamasRight

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Boone County
    After reading till my eyes crossed i am no closer to finding out if this is actually happening in my area Brownsburg or Lebanon. If some knows please tell me or if the fear of the "list" is too great please PM me.

Did you find out anything for the Boone Co area? I am interested also. I can't send PM's yet because I do not have enough posts to my name here.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Guys, I hate to say it, but it's pretty evident that the MSG idea, as a forum event, isn't gaining much headway. Part of the issue is that those who have serious working groups don't want to advertise them - and certainly want to vet any prospective candidates before revealing themselves to outsiders. Part of it is that it's really hard work to set up a mutual support group and it appears most people aren't really all that serious about doing what it takes to form one. About all you can hope for is to drum up some contacts in your local area and see what common areas of interest you all hold and go from there. And, a good part of it is that it's hard to identify prospective members whose personalities, interests and drives mesh with the rest of the group.

What you might do is attempt to set up some sort of informative setting - canning, camping, perhaps a Community Emergency Response Team training (through your local Emergency Management agency) and see if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile to explore something more extensive in your local area.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What you might do is attempt to set up some sort of informative setting - canning, camping, perhaps a Community Emergency Response Team training (through your local Emergency Management agency) and see if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile to explore something more extensive in your local area.

...Or maybe just have a regular dinner sort of meeting and let it go where it does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom