The Danville
    myglock22.jpg

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Please someone explain this horrible trigger pull on this thing. Its a rather long pull, and it has to be more than 5.5 pounds. any suggestions?
    Its a Glock 22 and thank you to everybody at Bradis for helping me out with this purchase, Great service is why i wont go anywhere else.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i bought it used. I paid $352 for it. It already had nigth sights, stainless guide rod, and Grip plug in it, so it saved me from buying all that stuff. I have fully disassembled and cleaned it. I was just put off by the trigger pull. I have had many taurus's over the years and even though the double action on them is horrble, the sa is not bad. i had no idea how the glock system worked, and i did not ask. so my fault on that. I figur i will get that skimmer trigger from glocktriggers.com. It will work for me because i never carry with one in the chamber, so if the trigger is a little "light" it should not pose a problem as i will have to rack the slide before i fire. heres my to do list:
    1: Trigger. i know i want to do this first.
    the rest i want you all to help with.
    New night sights, these are dim.
    timberwolf frame.
    threaded 9mm conversion barrel
    polish or just silver frame
    new zombie hunter back plate
    9mm suppressor. probly last
    and of course any suggestions from you guys would be awesome.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Why no round in the chamber? I am not trying to be critical but I don't understand carrying a firearm in this condition?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Take the slide off, do you have a trigger spring or an OD Green or Orange NY- or NY-2 trigger(s) installed?

Take it back to Bradis for Shooter 521 to add or subtract tigger springs and connectors to meet your needs.

You may have bought a Police trade-in that had a NY (New York) trigger system installed.:ingo:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Take the slide off, do you have a trigger spring or an OD Green or Orange NY- or NY-2 trigger(s) installed?

Take it back to Bradis for Shooter 521 to add or subtract tigger springs and connectors to meet your needs.

You may have bought a Police trade-in that had a NY (New York) trigger system installed.:ingo:
    i was thinking that in the video, i do not have the spring that they do. it is an od green looking thing. does that mean someone could have put a heavier spring in?

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    It's a spring used by the NYPD to make the trigger pull heavier. It makes it 3 lbs heavier than stock. That Glock is likely a police trade in.
    No wonder it is so freakin stiff. I was just about to lose any confidence in Glock. I literaly could not figure out how so many people like these pistols with a trigger like this. turns out its just my trigger.lol

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Yep, NY1 trigger. I've got a couple of police trade-in 22's and both have that in them.

I don't want to steer you away from modifications, but have you shot it yet? I have found that the Glocks are pretty good right out of the box without need to replace things like the guide rod, etc. I'd recommend giving the stock configuration a chance before sinking money into modifications that really won't make it better, just different. My $.02

Good choice on pistols! I think you will like it and if not, you can certainly get back out of it what you paid with no problem.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    It's a spring used by the NYPD to make the trigger pull heavier. It makes it 3 lbs heavier than stock. That Glock is likely a police trade in.
    I was looking online and found the ny1 trigger spring, thank god it is not orange= 12 pound pull, lol, can i keep the part that is od green and just put a lighter spring in?

Top Bottom