• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Tim Shufflin's work. Garand shortened to 16 inch barrel, converted to 308.

Rear sight is an RMR, adjustable 3.25 MOA.

Best rifle I've ever seen, held, shot, owned.

Dan_Mini_G.jpg
    [/url] photo storage[/IMG]

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Thanks, but to me that's like saying Jessica Elba, Halle Berry, and Scarlett Johansson playing naked Twister together looks "fun." :D

I love this rifle in what may be a completely unreasonable way.

What a mental image!! :eek:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    After this you'll have to wash your brain:

Now I'm picturing my fat 50 year old naked self playing too, all the while holding my Mini-G!

Sorry... but :puke:

Soooo.... it looks as if the stock and top hand guard are normal and he simply did away with the front HG altogether. Man I bet that balances well. ;)

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Normally I'd say modifying a Garand would be a criminal offense, but if that gun is wrong, then I don't want to be right! Very cool! I'm also interested in what this set you back.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Normally I'd say modifying a Garand would be a criminal offense, but if that gun is wrong, then I don't want to be right! Very cool! I'm also interested in what this set you back.

I'm normally with you on this, but I do have to admit it is rather slick. I'm really digging this offerin--> Mag-fed GarandShuff's Parkerizing | Shuff's Parkerizing. Maybe if I ever come across a completely worn out M1 I'll get this done to it.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Very nice! How did you mount the RMR?

I've wanted a Mini-G for a while. I had a Garand parts gun ready to send just about three years ago. Had it boxed up and ready.
    Then I found a Colt New Service revolver I just had to have...and put the Mini-G on hold. I never did send it, and his prices and wait times keep going up.

SolubleSpork

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Granger and Purdue
    That thing is absolutely beautiful. I am not really a "purist" when it comes to old military rifles for reasons like this. Don't get me wrong, an old M1 with its dings and dents is a beautiful thing, but this is also amazing. I think the picture of Jessica Elba, Halle Berry, and Scarlett Johansson playing naked Twister together was a perfect analogy. I would love to see a video of it. The Mini-G that is. (Although not opposed to one of the naked twister either)

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I would love to see a video of it. The Mini-G that is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2DSXGtYwV4[/ame]

I've pondered a Mini-G for several years now. On my next trip to the CMP South Store which will be May 2013, I'm going to pick out a nice rack grade Winchester which I intend to send to Mr Shuff for an Mini-G conversion and the box magazine conversion.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom