• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Very nice! How did you mount the RMR?

A couple of guys in there spare time came up with an ingenious mount. You remove the rear sight and the mount goes where the rear sight was. The name of the company is Hopco.

That is one awesome gun right there! How bad is the recoil with that shortened barrel?

The recoil is sweet. Feels about like a bolt action 7mm 08.

What kind of weight are you looking at with this rifle?

I haven't weighed it, but they average about 7.75 lbs.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    A couple of guys in there spare time came up with an ingenious mount. You remove the rear sight and the mount goes where the rear sight was. The name of the company is Hopco.

The recoil is sweet. Feels about like a bolt action 7mm 08.

I haven't weighed it, but they average about 7.75 lbs.

Did you send a rifle in, or order a complete one?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Did you send a rifle in, or order a complete one?

I sent one in. I had traded for one at a gun show that had the laminated stock, so I immediately thought of it as a good conversion. It also had a great trigger that had been reworked, so it was a good candidate for the rifle that is going to be my best buddy all around good for everything go to rifle.

Tim also does the magazine conversions, but I can't see why anyone would want one. I think the en bloc clips are a great and useful convention. Cheap enough you don't care if you lose one, you can buy 10 of them for the price of a Pmag, you can have hundreds of rounds ready to lock and load if you want to, and it doesn't spoil the lines of the rifle. Sure, it only holds 8 instead of 20, but that's a small price to play for the other advantages in my book.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I sent one in. I had traded for one at a gun show that had the laminated stock, so I immediately thought of it as a good conversion. It also had a great trigger that had been reworked, so it was a good candidate for the rifle that is going to be my best buddy all around good for everything go to rifle.

Tim also does the magazine conversions, but I can't see why anyone would want one. I think the en bloc clips are a great and useful convention. Cheap enough you don't care if you lose one, you can buy 10 of them for the price of a Pmag, you can have hundreds of rounds ready to lock and load if you want to, and it doesn't spoil the lines of the rifle. Sure, it only holds 8 instead of 20, but that's a small price to play for the other advantages in my book.

Does the 308 work fine in the standard 30.06 clips?

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    love the gun but wouldnt it been easier to get a socom? basically the same gun.

Absolutely not...the Mini-G began life as a genuine USGI M1 Battle Rifle! You make the call, whatever War era, manufacturer, year of manufacture you choose.

Like I said, I'm going to find a rack grade Winchester from the CMP.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I've been thinking/dreaming about this gun an unhealthy amount the last couple of days. Christmas and my birthday are both coming up....what a coincidence, huh?

Top Bottom