• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Congrats on the Sig 1911. You have bought a beautifully made handgun. It will outshoot and outlast, with only a few exceptions, most of the stuff out there.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have a sig 1911 and it's a great shooter. I got it from a fellow INGO'er a few months back. I also have a ruger sr1911 and though they seem comparable I shoot better with the sig for some reason.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    He is also very sad. Had major issues assembling the gun this morning after taking it down, cleaning and lubing it. Went to reassemble and the bushing was giving me major grief. I just could not get it to turn once it was in flush with the frame. Nothing worked. I kept taking it out and back in and it wouldn't turn, even after a light coat of lube. While I was working the slide back and forth, either the plunger lever worked itself up, or I didn't pay enough attention to it when I assembled it and it got bent. Yay, now I have a gun that I can't assemble, which means I have a gun I can't shoot. I has a sad :(

Guessing I'll have to give Sig a call to see what they say. Pretty upset with myself for not paying better attention and bummed that I had these issues with the gun. Guess I'll see what Sig support is like...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He is also very sad. Had major issues assembling the gun this morning after taking it down, cleaning and lubing it. Went to reassemble and the bushing was giving me major grief. I just could not get it to turn once it was in flush with the frame. Nothing worked. I kept taking it out and back in and it wouldn't turn, even after a light coat of lube. While I was working the slide back and forth, either the plunger lever worked itself up, or I didn't pay enough attention to it when I assembled it and it got bent. Yay, now I have a gun that I can't assemble, which means I have a gun I can't shoot. I has a sad :(

Guessing I'll have to give Sig a call to see what they say. Pretty upset with myself for not paying better attention and bummed that I had these issues with the gun. Guess I'll see what Sig support is like...

The tight bushing is why you need a bushing wrench. That is part of why 1911's are so accurate.
    After I fit a bushing a wrench is a good tool to have inn your range/cleaning gear.
    Bring it by today and I will show you the path young padowan learner

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The tight bushing is why you need a bushing wrench. That is part of why 1911's are so accurate.
    After I fit a bushing a wrench is a good tool to have inn your range/cleaning gear.
    Bring it by today and I will show you the path young padowan learner

Are you able to fix the bent plunger lever? If so I'll bring it over after I meet my buddy at the range this morning. PM me if that works for you.

Pic of my boo boo:

BentPlunger_zps8264f37e.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you able to fix the bent plunger lever? If so I'll bring it over after I meet my buddy at the range this morning. PM me if that works for you.

Pic of my boo boo:

BentPlunger_zps8264f37e.jpg

So you have experienced the 80 series "Oh Crap" thing.
    I can look at it. I will be home after 11:00 this morning. I have one of those if Sig did not get all special with the parts.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    So you have experienced the 80 series "Oh Crap" thing.
    I can look at it. I will be home after 11:00 this morning. I have one of those if Sig did not get all special with the parts.

Many thanks to you sir, you saved the day! Getting that plunger lever straightened out worked perfectly. IndyGlockMan and I took it over to ITP and put about 50 - 75 rounds through it with no issues. The gun is darned accurate. Slightly heavy trigger pull aside, the gun is a dream to shoot.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Many thanks to you sir, you saved the day! Getting that plunger lever straightened out worked perfectly. IndyGlockMan and I took it over to ITP and put about 50 - 75 rounds through it with no issues. The gun is darned accurate. Slightly heavy trigger pull aside, the gun is a dream to shoot.

I saw some design cues on your Sig today that put those guns in a better light with me. The mag well and the ambi-safety design were top shelf. Impressive.
    I am very glad it worked out for you.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I saw some design cues on your Sig today that put those guns in a better light with me. The mag well and the ambi-safety design were top shelf. Impressive.
    I am very glad it worked out for you.

BTW, I meant to ask you, did you notice if the trigger parts were standard when you had it apart? I'd bought that C&S kit to have you upgrade my Loaded, but after shooting the Sig more, I'm starting to think I might want it upgraded instead. What a phenomenal gun!

BTW, here's a pic from the range today. I'm not a great shot and this was only 7 yards, but it's better than I usually shoot:

Target_zpsec35efa0.jpg

All 10 shots from a Chip Powermag+ in a hole 1" x 1".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did have the hammer out but paid no attention to the part itself. I was focused on the 80 series boo-boo.
    We can have a look see but I would do the 70 series gun 1st. Just me.

Tp222

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Laporte
    I carry a tac ops carry as a edc and also as duty gun, completely love it and compete with it, shoots just as well as my TRP. Good choice.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Aside from it being an 80 series (which isn't a big deal), there's nothing to not like about the Sig Tac Ops... unless you are a "1911 purest"
    I had a few nice groups like Tom's myself and I was shooting out those little green stickers on the first shot 3-4 times.
    The Sig ran flawless too. No issues with the gun yet (other than the initial boo boo).

It's an amazing gun for the price and anybody would be hard pressed to find a better quality gun right out of the box for what Tom paid on Black Friday... and he got 2 extra mags

Top Bottom