• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Does that apply to private sales? Must it apply every time the ammo is resold?

I was referring to retailers, which is apparently not what is under discussion. I wouldn't think or desire that it apply to private sales - or even that it exist at all. Knock off over a dime for each dollar you spend on ammunition and you get to know the true retail cost. What can't government make worse or more expensive? Even worse is that the already-included excise tax is included as basis for calculating state sales tax!

Last edited:

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Well, I got a phone call from Walmart today. Spoke with the store manager who told me they were following up on my complaint. The manager called the "practice" that the associate was engaging in, under stocking. He said in management's view it was a very serious issue. He told me it was very important that their products made it to the shelves for their customers, not their associates. He said, "We are in business for our customers" He told me that this type of incident was a serious incident for an associate, even for a first offense.
    He said that they had a meeting with their associates regarding this issue and that they had disciplined the associate that was responsible. He thanked me profusely for bringing the issue to management's attention and said that this kind of thing can be tough for them to detect. He said that Walmart always welcomes comments and observations from customers to improve their stores and their corporation.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, I got a phone call from Walmart today. Spoke with the store manager who told me they were following up on my complaint. The manager called the "practice" that the associate was engaging in, under stocking. He said in management's view it was a very serious issue. He told me it was very important that their products made it to the shelves for their customers, not their associates. He said, "We are in business for our customers" He told me that this type of incident was a serious incident for an associate, even for a first offense.
    He said that they had a meeting with their associates regarding this issue and that they had disciplined the associate that was responsible. He thanked me profusely for bringing the issue to management's attention and said that this kind of thing can be tough for them to detect. He said that Walmart always welcomes comments and observations from customers to improve their stores and their corporation.

Glad he at least took the time to call to pay lip service. Do I expect it to change? No. Do I think they really truly care as a company? Hell no! In the end they made their dime quickly and thats all they really care about. The manager only really cares that your sales guy ratted out his buddy and aired their dirty laundry. (I am sure it happens more often than the mgr will admit and he is more sorry you found out it happens than the fact it actually happened) Now if the manager truthfully said "We investigated your claim and terminated the associate for misconduct for violating company policy." Then I might have more respect for them and believe they truly cared.

Would I be upset if the employee understocked by 1 box? (even assuming it was a 1k brick) No. But to redirect the entire shipment into his pocket was rather rude under the circumstances.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Glad he at least took the time to call to pay lip service. Do I expect it to change? No. Do I think they really truly care as a company? Hell no! In the end they made their dime quickly and thats all they really care about. The manager only really cares that your sales guy ratted out his buddy and aired their dirty laundry. (I am sure it happens more often than the mgr will admit and he is more sorry you found out it happens than the fact it actually happened) Now if the manager truthfully said "We investigated your claim and terminated the associate for misconduct for violating company policy." Then I might have more respect for them and believe they truly cared.

Would I be upset if the employee understocked by 1 box? (even assuming it was a 1k brick) No. But to redirect the entire shipment into his pocket was rather rude under the circumstances.

To counter the entirety of your post: capitalism.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I am not "mad" over this incident, just frustrating in my opinion. I certainly do understand and support capitalism. I find it funny that we have laws for this type of action, if done by a stock broker, called insider trading. These guys are buying up the ammo for their own personal gain by way of confidential information on shipments. If it comes in and makes it to the shelves and you are the first customer in line at the store that day and see it on the shelf, that, to me, is how capitalism should work.
    The manager said the employee has been disciplined, but do to confidentiality reasons, I can't go into details.
    Did it really happen? Does the manager really care? Will anything change? I have no way to know. Did the store manager have to take five minutes to call me back five days later? Absolutely not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't really have anything against the employees who buy the stuff on their own time. However I do support capitalism too. It's Walmart's right to prohibit their employees from buying up a hard to get product. That certainly hurts their self interests.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I am not "mad" over this incident, just frustrating in my opinion. I certainly do understand and support capitalism. I find it funny that we have laws for this type of action, if done by a stock broker, called insider trading. These guys are buying up the ammo for their own personal gain by way of confidential information on shipments. If it comes in and makes it to the shelves and you are the first customer in line at the store that day and see it on the shelf, that, to me, is how capitalism should work.
    The manager said the employee has been disciplined, but do to confidentiality reasons, I can't go into details.
    Did it really happen? Does the manager really care? Will anything change? I have no way to know. Did the store manager have to take five minutes to call me back five days later? Absolutely not.

So the manager told you what happened to the employee and had you sign a confidentiality agreement?

Also do you understand what "insider trading" is ?

You realize you could ask when is good days to check for ammo and they would probably tell you. Keep in mind some Wal-Mart empoyee's won't know and won't care to look it up or ask for you. But this info isn't exactly a secret.

Last edited:

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    i got lucky one night at walmart like 2 months ago and they had just stocked. got 3 boxes of 550 federal and was gonna have the wife buy the other 3. but did i? no cuz a old man showed up wanting it and said it was for his grand kids. i did my good deed but i still got my 3 boxes lol. its out there just gotta play the hid and go seek game for it. is it inconvinet to be at the store late at night or early morning? yes but if you want it go get it!!!!

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

Ya Right, WalMart became the largest retailer in the world, in fact the largest the world has ever seen by only caring about turning a fast buck.

There's a lot more to retail than that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ya Right, WalMart became the largest retailer in the world, in fact the largest the world has ever seen by only caring about turning a fast buck.

There's a lot more to retail than that.

You're right. Having customers learn about employees scarfing up hard-to-get items hurts Walmart more than the sale to employees helped them.

Perceived ethos has a value and people already have many reasons to hate Walmart. This just gives them another. Does anyone think Walmart wouldn't take a hit in public opinion if employees were caught snarfing up whatever is the next must have christmas toy before consumers could fight over them? If I were in that position, absolutely I would have a strict policy against that sort of thing.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I went to an Indianapolis Indians game last year and it was dollar hotdog and peanut night. I ordered tickets last night and looked to make sure none of the nights I was interested in were dollar hotdogs and peanuts. I'd have gladly paid $3-4 a hotdog not to stand in that line and miss some of the game.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I went to an Indianapolis Indians game last year and it was dollar hotdog and peanut night. I ordered tickets last night and looked to make sure none of the nights I was interested in were dollar hotdogs and peanuts. I'd have gladly paid $3-4 a hotdog not to stand in that line and miss some of the game.

How did we get to talking about cheap food at a baseball game?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    No anguish here - just a bit sad to see those that actually want to use it not able to get it.

"Not able"

200_s.gif

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Translation - One can't be expected to give up a week of Starbucks to spend the extra on a bulk pack of 22.
    No - translation - like organizations that teach young shooters that can't get the ammo because it's not on the shelf and it's not in their budget to spend 300% the normal cost.

I'm not talking about those that could afford it but choose not to.

Top Bottom