My wife is a gun hater and I'm sick of it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    If you ever get out to NE Indiana, hit me up and I'll take her out. She would have a lot of fun and sometimes woman are more comfortable with other woman. I jst bet you I could get her to LOVE it!

Good luck!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If you ever get out to NE Indiana, hit me up and I'll take her out. She would have a lot of fun and sometimes woman are more comfortable with other woman. I jst bet you I could get her to LOVE it!

Good luck!

Always the optimist?;)

You're right though, another woman just might be just the thing to bring her around.

For some reason, women seem to listen to other women.

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    All good ideas...thanks for the input. Like I said we have tried counseling, and I got the feeling the proposed break-in scenario wasn't really an actual suggestion.
    I will hang in there since family is important to me...my parents split when I was young (8) and it affected all of us...but I also know families where the kids say the fighting was bad and they wish their parents had split up and that it affected them terribly. The research is actually conflicted here ( I work as a therapist so I know) but I'm just concerned about that one little girl in the next room, sleeping, knowing that her folks are together. I'll tough it out and still get my gun...btw we budget very well together...but ty for the idea.

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Good luck!

I'm in! We can do a girly shoot and then Starbucks! :D

MoTown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    West Lafayette
    My girlfriend is the same way with guns. I'm just trying to start taking the proper steps to get her to open up to the positive side of owning a firearm. Best of luck.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Years ago, my wife and I too fell on hard times...... sold off almost all of my guns to finance the newest member of the family (see: diapers and formula); all with the understanding that they would get replaced at some point in the future. Times have been rough, but when we HAVE had the money, she has been supportive of my "restocking" efforts.....:D

Have I mentioned yet how much I love my wife? :):

My suggestion to you is to not rush it - she will just have to understand when you come home with your new AK! Otherwise she can get the h&ll out! :rockwoot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    All good ideas...thanks for the input. Like I said we have tried counseling, and I got the feeling the proposed break-in scenario wasn't really an actual suggestion.
    I will hang in there since family is important to me...my parents split when I was young (8) and it affected all of us...but I also know families where the kids say the fighting was bad and they wish their parents had split up and that it affected them terribly. The research is actually conflicted here ( I work as a therapist so I know) but I'm just concerned about that one little girl in the next room, sleeping, knowing that her folks are together. I'll tough it out and still get my gun...btw we budget very well together...but ty for the idea.

Counseling is ok but INGO counseling is Awesome.
    Awesome%5B1%5D.jpg

Marriage is a job. The harder you work at it the easier it becomes.
    +1 for doing the right thing even if it is sometimes the hard thing.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I'm a little late to this one, but I have a few thoughts...and when I say a few, I mean none, lol.

Relationship advice is above my pay grade, however, I do know a few things:

1- Women and guns go really well together. Women, guns, and husbands, fathers, brothers, boyfriends, etc., really don't. If the object is to convince the lady in question about the virtues of Article II and gun ownership in general, then an impartial third party is most likely the way to go. Especially since there seems to be friction in the relationship already, and being that she's a law student, she's learning to be a professional arguer.

2- I really don't like the idea of buying her a gun. In this situation I seriously doubt she would take it as anything other than negative. If she's going to have a gun, she needs to make that decission for herself, and pick it out for herself.

3- Paying bills is important, as stated above, but I'm not sure an outstanding mortgage or car payments can be the benchmark. I wonder how many of we gun owners here still owe on our houses? lol.

4- When it comes to relationships, statistics be damned. What works for one may not work for another. They all have their own dynamics and personalities, and they all have their own cost/benefit returns. And the only people who can guage such a thing are those in the relationship. The problem is that it requires total honesty, something most of us have problems with in relationships.

5- There is a way to have the conversation and make the case without yelling, and a way to do it in a way to show you still love her. It's up to you to figure out what that is, and if you're not willing to make that effort (probably a number of times over weeks, months or years, over dinner with flowers or a foot massage), then one might suggest there is more than one person throwing sand in the a$$ crack of this relationship.

6- Don't be a d!ck. No matter what happens, you'll eventually regret acting that way.

Good luck.

WheelGloryDame

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    These United States of America
    My advice: If you don't have kids (or they are adults), then get rid of her. Life is too short to put up with someone else's :poop:

No. That is what marriage is about. You put up with and work through other people's little nasties. You have what it takes to love her. To her, (because this is how it was with me) I'd bet a gun = wasted money. Esp. if other bills need paid. Also if she doesn't feel secure in your love for her, every other thing you pay attention to will make her jealous. Let her know that among other reasons you are buying a gun is because you love her, and want to have the upper hand should you ever need to defend her life. Let her know, also that because you go out and earn a paycheck, you have to be able to see the fruits of your labor in a tangible form. Guns are a fun and relaxing way to pass time and see that all those hard hours you have put in have paid off. Also, when she does the dishes, stand behind her and kiss her neck (or some other small thing you know will make her smile) with nothing intended other than letting her know that you love her. Seriously, devote your time and energy to learning about her, and loving her, and she will respond with respect and appreciation for you and your interests. DON'T EXPECT THIS TO WORK OVERNIGHT. GIVE IT 6 OR SO MONTHS TO TAKE EFFECT.
    DONT END YOUR MARRIAGE JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE FEELING MAD NOW. YOU MIGHT FEEL DIFFERENT NEXT WEEK.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My ex was stubborn on this too. I think she was mostly scared and unfamiliar. I taught my daughter from a young age to respect firearms and not be scared of them. Its too bad that some women hate to learn or be around new things!

Top Bottom