• ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Seriously, Brian, don't be a stranger.
    Echoing the other posters, you're one lucky dog to have gotten to hang around with the Mythbusters.

BSforgery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2017
    Spring
    Yeah just imagine how fast big brother can find whatever he's looking for.
    I question if big brother has the powers of google. They terrify me as much or more haha.

It was was an amazing opportunity to be part of Mythbusters. We had the same producer and director and many of the original crew during production. As well as the honor of the same narrator and animator. It blew us all away. I was personally a life long can't of the show having watched from day one. My grandfather (who really taught me a lot about building to start with) said he remembered me as a child, although I was a high school senior when it started, saying it was my dream job. I bounced around after high school doing everything from being a paramedic and teaching them to owning a bar. Professionally my degree is in biology and I did molecular microbiological research at a body farm and worked as a drilling engineer. While going job to job isn't always a great thing, this time it worked out!

I can can never get enough of learning and building is always a great way to learn. Firearms are not a massive part of my life but at the same time I think you can't use them safely without learning about them correctly. And I do occasionally use them from some sporting clays (my favorite) the the occasional pest. I am a Texan.

Glad i I was able to find y'all and help out. I will definitely be lurking around these forums learning more.

For those interested this Mythbusters collection includes:

Remington 710 30.06
    Verona 12ga
    Taurus .45ACP
    Baretta 9mm
    SW .40
    SW Bodyguard .38
    NAA .22LR mini revolver

I tend to use my fathers .308 when I'm on the family property because he has some insane Swarski optics and my guns are really the cheap setups. It was his retirement gift and built right for him. his and mine both bolt action I swear by it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I question if big brother has the powers of google. They terrify me as much or more haha.

It was was an amazing opportunity to be part of Mythbusters. We had the same producer and director and many of the original crew during production. As well as the honor of the same narrator and animator. It blew us all away. I was personally a life long can't of the show having watched from day one. My grandfather (who really taught me a lot about building to start with) said he remembered me as a child, although I was a high school senior when it started, saying it was my dream job. I bounced around after high school doing everything from being a paramedic and teaching them to owning a bar. Professionally my degree is in biology and I did molecular microbiological research at a body farm and worked as a drilling engineer. While going job to job isn't always a great thing, this time it worked out!

I can can never get enough of learning and building is always a great way to learn. Firearms are not a massive part of my life but at the same time I think you can't use them safely without learning about them correctly. And I do occasionally use them from some sporting clays (my favorite) the the occasional pest. I am a Texan.

Glad i I was able to find y'all and help out. I will definitely be lurking around these forums learning more.

For those interested this Mythbusters collection includes:

Remington 710 30.06
    Verona 12ga
    Taurus .45ACP
    Baretta 9mm
    SW .40
    SW Bodyguard .38
    NAA .22LR mini revolver

I tend to use my fathers .308 when I'm on the family property because he has some insane Swarski optics and my guns are really the cheap setups. It was his retirement gift and built right for him. his and mine both bolt action I swear by it.

Congratulations on winning!!!

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Something tells me he is about to get too busy for one small interactions like this. Either way, congrats on winning. I started out thinking this show wasn't going to be all that great due to the premise, but I really liked it in the end.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Something tells me he is about to get too busy for one small interactions like this. Either way, congrats on winning. I started out thinking this show wasn't going to be all that great due to the premise, but I really liked it in the end.

Yeah. I doubt he'll be back, I probably wouldn't either.

Maybe we can write his name a bunch and "big brither" will notify him.

BSforgery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2017
    Spring
    Yeah. I doubt he'll be back, I probably wouldn't either.

Maybe we can write his name a bunch and "big brither" will notify him.

It worked!

Thanks so much. Honestly it fans/enthusiasts that make Mythbusters work. So I may get more and more busy but I hope I will always be able to drop in everywhere on occasion. I'm glad y'all enjoyed the show in the end and I think Jon and I have some great stuff in store for you. If you have any ideas for myths be sure to let me know. Everybody loves a gun myth!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    It worked!

Thanks so much. Honestly it fans/enthusiasts that make Mythbusters work. So I may get more and more busy but I hope I will always be able to drop in everywhere on occasion. I'm glad y'all enjoyed the show in the end and I think Jon and I have some great stuff in store for you. If you have any ideas for myths be sure to let me know. Everybody loves a gun myth!
    Congratulations on your win. I think it was very well deserved.
    As far as myths to bust how about the one that gun control laws work? I would love to see that one taken on.
    Dan

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Wow! Congrats, man! My little girl and I watched the last episode of "the Search" from the DVR last night. She loves the show!

Wonder if we could settle the OC/CC debate or the safety/no-safety debates, once and for all....

Man, what a dream job. Have a blast!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It worked!

:yesway:

Top Bottom