Naloxone vending machines - This is where we are now???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Probably a good idea but personally I've come to favor the Guttfeld solution, bomb the cartels. We invaded Grenada for what was considered a threat against 600 students although I don't think any were injured.. There are more people dying than that every week because of the China/Mexican Cartel marriage, bomb the SOBs.

While it's an interesting idea, I don't think current leadership is going to antagonize the uber rich players in this game. Easier and more profitable to just add another money consumption player to the game like the naloxone. Ask yourself if current leadership will interfere with a good revenue stream to keep ordinary Americans from dying.

Fentanyl really is just a concentrated, cheap, drug that doesn't require something like a "french connection" or "cocaine cowboys" to get it into the US. The cartel buys it for way less than heroin, cuts it back much further and sends it over with the mob of illegals crossing the border every day. It's got to be making them more money than they ever have made with heroin and in time it will probably put poppy growers out of business.

Interesting that china, which was historically very involved in the opium trade, may now be cornering the market on the drug of the future.

Always follow the money

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This is why I always have some with me while I'm working.

Stay safe sir!

Small town I was raised in had the town marshal (a neighborhood kid I grew up with,) go down just this way a couple years ago. Light exposure, OD, then the narcan saved him.

Sadly, a lifelong townee girl we all knew was the perp with the fentanyl.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    But we must legalize as it is the choice of adults to do as they please.

legalize everything and outlaw narcan. We can get this solved in short order.

We don't need to change ANY laws. We need to change attitudes. Uncover the mental problem of addiction for what it is. Make it uncool to intoxicate. :twocents:

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    We don't need to change ANY laws. We need to change attitudes. Uncover the mental problem of addiction for what it is. Make it uncool to intoxicate. :twocents:

I disagree a little about changing the law, but totally agree about needing a different approach. If violence and prison and trampling the constitution worked, the drug war would be won and over.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    But why in Kokomo?

It's a factory town , a surprising amount of narcotics and violent crime for a population of 60,000~ roughly.

That article was in 2020, it's only gotten worse. As others have said fentanyl is amazingly cheap for the cartels and they are putting that garbage in everything. Even reading online people getting Cocaine mixed with Fentanyl it's insane.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    When I first saw this, I thought, why the Library? Will the addicts visit the library before drug use? Then I realized that anybody, at any time, can grab a dose or 2 to keep on hand. Sad that we have come to this but maybe it will save a life that hopefully can be turned around. Addiction is a real problem and we need to find a better way to address it.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Are you saying that instead of finding a way to help people get back to being healthy human beings, we should just let them die in the streets?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not trying to take away from the very funny joke about natural selection. :lmfao:

However, fentanyl is taking out cops, first responders, and naive teenagers just looking for a buzz. Some of these folks, especially the teenagers, don't get the narcan in time to continue life.

Top Bottom