Naloxone vending machines - This is where we are now???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That's the goal, but until we figure that out.....
    I like how you think…

I have an insatiable desire to have large sums of money at all times. Since I haven’t found a cure yet, can we get banks to give me endless amounts of cash to keep me satisfied?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    That is what it has become to be what it is produced for.

Used to be heroin.

Has a toxicology report come out for the officer? I feel like this is another psychosomatic response to seeing fentanyl. Occupational exposure that leads to OD is super rare. The San Diego county deputy that "OD'd" a while back displayed no actual symptoms of an overdose and toxicology showed there was nothing at all in his system. I suspect the female officer will be the same especially since they said she was in and out after 3 doses of narcan after occupational exposure.

I don't know where the funding is coming from for the vending machines but if it's not exclusively tax payer I'm ok with it. I've said it before it's easy to say "let 'em die" or "muh insulin" but be the one thats there and things change. Especially if it's an accidental overdose because grandma misread the rx bottle or a toddler got into mommy and daddy's stash. It's not always a junkie chasing the next high.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Has a toxicology report come out for the officer? I feel like this is another psychosomatic response to seeing fentanyl. Occupational exposure that leads to OD is super rare. The San Diego county deputy that "OD'd" a while back displayed no actual symptoms of an overdose and toxicology showed there was nothing at all in his system. I suspect the female officer will be the same especially since they said she was in and out after 3 doses of narcan after occupational exposure.

First I have heard of this.

All the news reports of officers ODing from fentanyl exposure (including my hometown marshal) are just because of hypochondria? Got any links for this?

Last edited:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

There's a couple news stories talking to experts about the San Diego incident.

Then a write up on the misinformation.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

There's a couple news stories talking to experts about the San Diego incident.

Then a write up on the misinformation.

Thanks for the follow up!

These all seem to be related to the one San Diego officer OD. Are we speculating that all officer/first responder fentanyl exposure OD's are just imagined?

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    There's more documentation on it out there. The San Diego incident just has alot of reporting about it.

In the various hazmat courses I've taken non of them have mentioned the dangers of passive exposure. And at one put on by an instructor from CDP cobra when asked about it he said "don't lick the evidence".

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    I put forth that we do it a new way from this point on if all agree and see if it helps. The only people that OD on any illegal substance will be the children and grandchildren of us that subscribe to the notion of natural selection and deservatude. This way we won’t waste another ounce of sadness or any useless empathy. Wam Bam, Sis Boom Baa, good riddance to them all! And the World will be a better place for you for me just wait and see!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    This vending machine won't help those ODing away from the vending machine. Obtaining the vended med. for future use will require planning. The type of planning that most addicts aren't very good at.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This vending machine won't help those ODing away from the vending machine. Obtaining the vended med. for future use will require planning. The type of planning that most addicts aren't very good at.
    But the families of addicts are. Still have some in our cabinet from when DoggyMama's late daughter (she died out in California) lived with us. It's easy to say "let them die" until it's your own child or grandchild. Narcan brought her daughter back from the brink (I and a neighbor were doing CPR on her in our driveway) while she was here. If you don't love your child enough to keep them from dying, then may God have mercy on your soul.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    But the families of addicts are. Still have some in our cabinet from when DoggyMama's late daughter (she died out in California) lived with us. It's easy to say "let them die" until it's your own child or grandchild. Narcan brought her daughter back from the brink (I and a neighbor were doing CPR on her in our driveway) while she was here. If you don't love your child enough to keep them from dying, then may God have mercy on your soul.
    I'm not in the let them die camp. My point was to your story; it's the responsible and caring non-addicts that will need to utilize the vending machine. As such, I wonder if there could be a better avenue for distribution. Maybe something along the lines of basic CPR training or related measures could be rec'd while picking up the naloxone dose, as opposed to simply a lever on a vending machine. It's sad to hear of your and DoggyMama's loss.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I've found plenty of narcan in junkies pockets. Used a junkies narcan on him back when I still was paying for the stuff I had.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I'm not in the let them die camp. My point was to your story; it's the responsible and caring non-addicts that will need to utilize the vending machine. As such, I wonder if there could be a better avenue for distribution. Maybe something along the lines of basic CPR training or related measures could be rec'd while picking up the naloxone dose, as opposed to simply a lever on a vending machine. It's sad to hear of your and DoggyMama's loss.
    I've never really thought the vending machines were the best idea. I'd rather see smaller amounts in more places. In Grant county the peer support group has dryboxes on the sides of a couple buildings in higher risk areas. I got the stuff I carry now at the Grant county rescue mission and have saved 2 lives using the meds they supply.

Top Bottom