• ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I don't often visit this section of the forum but,
    I'm interested to here opinions from Law enforcement, Military, and civilians here at INGO.

About

The National Defense Authorization Act of "2012

:popcorn:

Last edited:

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    Most of the defense allowances and limits I am OK with......but this dangerous bill gives the President of the United States the power to wage war without getting approval from Congress. This is in violation of the Constitution . No one man should have this kind of power. That is why the constitution requires military action to be approved by congress.

This bill will allow the government to attack American citizens if the President decides they are terrorists (which is a very lose term they use for a lot of people these days). That term, according to Homeland Security, includes anyone who does not like the direction the government is headed. That covers most Americans that believe in the sovereignty of our nation and the sanctity of our Constitution.

This is not a good thing. Ultimately, though......I truly believe that the direction our country heads will not be decided by our government....it will be decided by our people. Take a stand for what you believe in.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Most of the defense allowances and limits I am OK with......but this dangerous bill gives the President of the United States the power to wage war without getting approval from Congress. This is in violation of the Constitution . No one man should have this kind of power. That is why the constitution requires military action to be approved by congress.

POTUS already does, and Congress approves it every time they fund appropriations for it.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The President has been waging war ever since Harry Truman. And it is illegal. But they always seem to be able to justify it because it's an ......emergency action. The part about this whole scam that really burns me up is that when the Veterans return home and seek benefits for disabilities they are told they don't qualify because the Nation technically was not "at war". We were simply acting in compliance with the United Nations. So who exactly did I pledge an oath to again?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The President has been waging war ever since Harry Truman. And it is illegal. But they always seem to be able to justify it because it's an ......emergency action. The part about this whole scam that really burns me up is that when the Veterans return home and seek benefits for disabilities they are told they don't qualify because the Nation technically was not "at war". We were simply acting in compliance with the United Nations. So who exactly did I pledge an oath to again?

You may be referring to the President asking Congress for a Declaration of War. There has been no such declaration since WWII, which was the last time the World had an official war. While other Presidents have authorized military responses to various situations since then, Congress, which is Constitutionally charged with providing the funding for the military and its operations, has almost always gone along. However, President GW Bush, while not asking for a Declaration of War, did get specific permission for all military actions involved in the Global War on Terrorism, which Congress never rescinded, even while the Democrats condemned the "war" as soon as it was politically feasible.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    There are too many terrorists on this forum. I, for one, will feel a lot safer once they round up all you terrorist dissenters and ship you off to some secret prison where they can torture confessions out of you and keep the rest of us safe (if you weren't terrorists you would have nothing to fear from these types of laws).

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I got banned for a few weeks last time I proposed a solution to things like this. I didn't read the sticky in the politics thread when it happened, so I'll abide by the rules this time. I think that if we vote in a nice Republican president, all of this stuff will blow over and be fixed........right?

Top Bottom