• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    (Sort of kidding, sort of not) how long before sedation dart guns are issued? It worked on Wild Kingdom (not that old of a reference for INGO.)
    I have said multiple times that LE needs to be issued sedation dart guns. If you don't want them showing up and using the tools they are issued (guns, taser, OC, fists/feet), give them dart guns. But the pesky "only doctors or paramedics can use sedation drugs" gets in the way.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe I've misinterpreted the article, but of the three cases it highlights, it appears as if law enforcement is initiating the Red Flags based upon illegal behaviors/actions; as opposed to Joe-Citizen calling in a tip. Interesting.

Then there's this tidbit below... Gosh, I can't hardly imagine why most people agree to surrender their weapons in lieu of defending against the claim.

For her part, Holden-Kay believes the red flag law has been beneficial for public safety and for law enforcement. She noted that in most cases, people agree to surrender their weapons rather than contest a red flag petition.

Yeah, funny how under people surrender their guns when surrounded by people with guns to their head.

Gee I can't imagine why. Only a matter of time before this nonsense is used against you for voting for the wrong party.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When a red flag case is filed, a court must hold a hearing within 14 days to determine if the person is dangerous. The law defines a dangerous person as someone who “presents an imminent risk of personal injury to the individual or to another individual;” someone who has a mental illness but is not properly taking medication; or someone who “is the subject of documented evidence that would give rise to a reasonable belief that the individual has a propensity for violent or emotionally unstable conduct.”

im•mi•nent /ˈɪmənənt/ adj.
    1. likely to occur at any moment:
    Typical BS law to take our rights away. Perhaps if we put God back in the classroom we wouldn’t need BS laws like this.
    I notice Marion County has by far the most.
    Yet in Marion County (Indy), I would bet that even if the "hearing" says the person isn't dangerous, they'll likely never get their guns back anytime soon if ever.

Top Bottom