• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I feel for you but all you can do is keep trying to track it down. Look and look again. Call the police again to see if anyone turned it in. Good luck, hope you find it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I feel for you but all you can do is keep trying to track it down. Look and look again. Call the police again to see if anyone turned it in. Good luck, hope you find it.

Seconding this and checking the couch cushions at the apartment, flip the couch and see if you hear any rattling.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Update, gun still missing.however the police contacted the complex and they reviewed the cameras, apparently two other people occupying the same space broke a pool stick and managed to set off a fire extinguisher? This combined with my lost firearm is grounds for eviction. On the lease it states no firearms are to be in the posession of residents on property and since i was his guest and on the property, he has apparently broken his lease. I am not a fool breaking pool sticks and setting off fire extinguishers.. just a fool who needs to work on his leathercrafting and apparently my situational awarness. I am man enough to admit my midtakes and have taken full responsibility. I feel as though evicting my friend based my own stupidity and the act of another party is unreasonable and im afraid the law will have to be involved once more before this is over.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Update, gun still missing.however the police contacted the complex and they reviewed the cameras, apparently two other people occupying the same space broke a pool stick and managed to set off a fire extinguisher? This combined with my lost firearm is grounds for eviction. On the lease it states no firearms are to be in the posession of residents on property and since i was his guest and on the property, he has apparently broken his lease. I am not a fool breaking pool sticks and setting off fire extinguishers.. just a fool who needs to work on his leathercrafting and apparently my situational awarness. I am man enough to admit my midtakes and have taken full responsibility. I feel as though evicting my friend based my own stupidity and the act of another party is unreasonable and im afraid the law will have to be involved once more before this is over.

This story has stopped making sense...

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Just an idea...I have found things before in places I previously searched in the daytime by looking at night with a flash light. I know it sounds simple, but things sometimes show up better when hit with a flash light in an otherwise dark car or room than in the daylight. Keys, change, brass...perhaps a gun would as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I agree, sounds like maybe 'friend' was somewhat problematic in the past? Shouldn't be held accountable for a guests legally carried lost firearm, especially if someone else nabbed it.

Negative friend is a very good tenant and has paid his rent in advance for the remainder of his lease (5 months). This facility is not on campus but has ties to IU which is why i believe they are making such a fuss. I will update as i learn more and if my gun ever turns up. :rolleyes:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    How about posting a Lost Puppy type poster in the Recreation Room? Perhaps someone found the gun but is not sure what to do with it or has not yet decided what to do with it. Don't use the word "Gun". Recover through police to put the finder at ease.

LOST
    Lost on Friday a metal family heirloom. $$ reward for return. If found please call Officer Dudley Doright at 867-5309.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    Negative friend is a very good tenant and has paid his rent in advance for the remainder of his lease (5 months). This facility is not on campus but has ties to IU which is why i believe they are making such a fuss. I will update as i learn more and if my gun ever turns up. :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if they can restrict your rights or ability to carry anywhere not expressly prohibited by law. Especially restricting you by proxy, if there's no signage warning you (I think it would be absurd for them to think your buddy should brief everyone who may violate a rule to adhere to rules they are unaware of) then how are you to know?

If say the fedex man came a knocking on someone's door with a package and just happened to be concealing, would the package recipient be held accountable? I see no cause to evict from a 'common sense' stance but I'm no lawyer, best of luck finding your gun.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I did not see it at tom kats or the west side pawn shop recently. any chance it is in a load of (unwashed) laundry. how about a super long shot and it fell into the tables side pocket on a long reach shot and is down in the return ball area (crazy sounding, i know)

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Just out of curiosity, am I the only one to check my holster when reading this thread? Just an almost subconscious brush to make sure everything is where I left it. I have a feeling I'm not.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Private property
    Not sure that works when property is rented as a home for someone. IANAL though. I always read through my contracts before signing them and that would be a no go for me. My current landlord knows I have guns as they let me move some things in early before my lease started. Which I brought home some ammo and he happened to be there doing some maintenance.

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Best case scenario -one of your "friends" is pranking you by lifting your gun and making you sweat for a couple days.Did this to the wife once while hiking-slipped her Beretta .22 out of her holster.She didn't notice it missing until we got to the truck!

Top Bottom