• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Best case scenario -one of your "friends" is pranking you by lifting your gun and making you sweat for a couple days.Did this to the wife once while hiking-slipped her Beretta .22 out of her holster.She didn't notice it missing until we got to the truck!

How long did it take for the swelling in your eye to go away?
    My wife would have thunder punched me in the throat, as she should have.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Have someone else check your vehicle, fresh eyes fresh ideas.
    I was a cop for nearly 20 years - you'd be amazed at how one person would 'miss' something in a search and another would find something afterward..... and, NO, I'm not talking about a 'plant' :): I hope you find it soonerer than laterer. Good Luck

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Not sure that works when property is rented as a home for someone. IANAL though. I always read through my contracts before signing them and that would be a no go for me. My current landlord knows I have guns as they let me move some things in early before my lease started. Which I brought home some ammo and he happened to be there doing some maintenance.

I have restrictions at my rentals. Different restrictions depending on the property itself. I never restrict firearms but I am in full compliance to boot someone who invites a friend over and said friend breaks the rules.

One time I informed a tenant that her lease was broken because her boyfriend threatened another tenant. Have had a few cases where I restricted large canines and someone brought one over for a visit anyhow. Every tenant knows the rules as I read thru the lease before they sign, and answer any questions. Rules are rules. I could easily see a complex having a no exceptions rule that they have to deal with. I think restricting firearms is wrong, but if the rules were stated then they were broken and the tenant broke the lease.

To the OP... hope that you find the pistol and come back here with a silly story like you forgot to take it with you or some such.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    .....Did this to the wife once while hiking-slipped her Beretta .22 out of her holster.She didn't notice it missing until we got to the truck!

She probably noticed but decided if you were foolish enough to carry the extra weight for her, she'd let you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Unfortunately, my gun still hasnt turned up.. although i havent lost all hope that maybe someday in the future it will come back to me, i have to purchase a new firearm for the purpose of concealed carry. My 1911 is great 80% of the time but the temperature is rising and ill need something lighter for summer carry on hikes and for the hottest days. Since my classic gun is gone i guess i might as well update my platform, althought not as beautiful or personal as my ppks. I think i have decided on an XD-S 9mm. For the purpose of getting over the loss of my gun this will be my last update unless mine or my friends status changes legally or my gun is found. Thanks again for the kind words ingo, and thanks for not flaming me for being an idiot. Best wishs, IndianaSoloMcfly

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Don't knock a full sized pistol for carry. If it is a platform that you are comfortable using then use it.

Sorry to hear the the original pistol hasn't shown up.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    You friend would only be liable "IF" he knew you were armed in his unit against property rules, a friend of mine told me three weeks ago he had "Lost" his new Glock-43 9mm.
    He looked everywhere and thought he had left it in his car while getting a cup of Speedway coffee in Fishers. He looked everywhere too, and then reported it lost to the Fishers Police department.

Then he was at home and spotted his holster tip sticking out from behind a kitchen counter container of flour.
    Holster contained his missing Glock-43.

Back story his wife, who he hadn't told he had lost his Glock, had placed it there and hadn't told him where it was at.

$#!+ happens eh?

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    My brother lost a pistol under his mattress. Real big to do with accusations and police reports. He just hadn't been able to reach it. Or see it. Farther back than he remembered.

Top Bottom