• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Nothing wrong with the Taurus either, if you are eyeing that model. There is one in my safe that I bought used for a screaming deal, and it has yet to cause me regrets for bringing it home. The only drawback to them that I see is that I havent seen a new one recently without the rail underneath it.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    That is a nice looking gun!

What do they go for?

Seems to fit the OP's needs very well. Makes me want to try one.

Buds had them for $499. I've heard of people getting them for less.

Keep in mind, the one in that picture (not mine) has a set of (expensive) Nill grips on it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll add another vote for the CZ. I have the CZ 75 Compact (different than the CZ 75D Compact shown above in that it has a safety instead of the de-cocker) and really like it. It's the most comfortable gun I've ever held. The prices run from around $300 used to $600 new, but some new ones go for around $500. There are a lot of good quality clones out there as well. One of the guns I have is a Tanfoglio TZ 75.88 and that is every bit as nice as the CZ. I also have an Armalite AR-24K which is another CZ clone. It's built like a tank and is also really nice to shoot.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Am looking to purchase a 9mm pistol and would like opinions on which to get. I will start by saying I prefer an all metal gun, exposed hammer as compared to striker fire. Can settle for new or used if the gun is still being made. but if I buy one of the others I will be $200 closer to getting the new Ruger SR1911 that I really want also. What say you???

just go with the Glock 19!! u cant go wrong. i know it aint got the hammer but u can still go with one in chamber. it has a 3 point saftey.
    How many of the OP's requirements does a Glock meet?
    Looks like 3. 9mm, prefers all metal, and come new or used.:D

Save up until you can get the R1911 that you really want.
    I agree with this also. Sounds like you really want it. Don't settle unless you TRULY find another that you like better. It's all about what you want and what feels good to you.

Myself, I like Glocks and 1911s. Both feel good in the hands. So, just find your gun and test fit all you can. Everyone else can just provide ideas of what you may like and you can look at them as well.

Thor20003

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    No question about it. A Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm would be perfect for you. New for around $400

Let me know if you have any questions about them.

Top Bottom