• ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    "I honestly forgot about the other guy and the deal we made"

Based upon your own words, don't YOU feel that you deserve some negative feedback? :twocents:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "I honestly forgot about the other guy and the deal we made"

Based upon your own words, don't YOU feel that you deserve some negative feedback? :twocents:

:+1: You wasted the guy's time and now you're mad that he left you negative feedback?

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    I think both of you did wrong. He shouldn't have posted a sell while not being able to follow through with it. Everyone draws a blank but even then its still bad that you didn't keep him in the loop. You did try to make the situation right though.

With that being said I don't think anyone should have been left negative feedback. People need to learn to talk things out. Especially if you tried to make the situation right and he ignored you. You were going to complete the sale.... That right there at the very least should have resolved the issue.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    If his being out of town was such an inconvenience, then why did you still agree to meet him and buy it? It's not like you didn't know about it.

You deserve the negative feedback, and I certainly wish there was neg rep available to give you as well.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I understand that we all have hectic schedules and sometimes things slip through the cracks, life happens. If you had just honored your deal, then no appologies would have been needed, and no negative feedback would have been deserved.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I think both of you did wrong. He shouldn't have posted a sell while not being able to follow through with it. Everyone draws a blank but even then its still bad that you didn't keep him in the loop. You did try to make the situation right though. So if a person posts something for sale are they to cancel all previous plans and stay at home on the computer waiting for a pm...

With that being said I don't think anyone should have been left negative feedback. People need to learn to talk things out. Especially if you tried to make the situation right and he ignored you. You were going to complete the sale.... That right there at the very least should have resolved the issue.
    The effort to make it right appears to have happened AFTER the feedback was given

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    If I'd agree to buy X for $X, but found Y for <$X & bought it, I 'd still honor my previous agreement.

If I'd forgot to meet, I'd do as you did, still offer to buy, & just accept the rep hit as a lesson learned.

My :twocents:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Seems to me the seller may be partially liable to. Afterall, it was his schedule that caused the delay. As I understand the OP, the seller had it posted, but wasn't able to follow though in a reasonable time. The OP moved on.

Was the seller harmed by the OP? Not clear to me either way.

And the OP seems to have tried to make it right so maybe now eh deserves soem positive feedback from the seller?

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I agree that is a tough issue all the way around. I have done almost the same thing before. I dont think a neg rep should have been left because that to me is a scar on your record that doesnt go away. If you offered to make it right before he left the neg rep then the seller was just pissed and didnt want to deal with you. If you offered after it just says that you didnt like the rep you go and wanted to try to reverse the issue that had already happened. Either way is seems like an issue that grew out of hand/control quite quickly and it also seems that people overreacted. But that seems to happen quite often on here...people overreacting that is :xmad:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Seems to me the seller may be partially liable to. Afterall, it was his schedule that caused the delay. As I understand the OP, the seller had it posted, but wasn't able to follow though in a reasonable time. The OP moved on.

Was the seller harmed by the OP? Not clear to me either way.

And the OP seems to have tried to make it right so maybe now eh deserves soem positive feedback from the seller?

The OP knew about the delay when he agreed to buy it and agreed to meet afterward, by his own words. In legal terms, there was no breach on the part of seller. Buyer just flat out welched.

If the delay was unacceptable, he shouldn't have agreed to buy it when the seller got back. But he did, and he should have kept his word.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I guess I am to easy. I have overlooked far worse encounters than this. However there are always 2 sides to each story and I would reserve judgement until I had all the facts. Not that I really want to know.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I'm not sure why you'd think the seller has any liability. Both parties agreed to a meeting, the timing of which is irrelevant. You might just as easily say "Well, the seller posted the ad right before dinner, knowing perfectly well that he wouldn't be available to meet for at least an hour." or "posted right before bed knowing he had to work in the morning and couldn't meet until after work." As long as he was upfront about any potential delays and the buyer agreed to it, then where's the problem? Should all sellers have to clear their schedules from the time they place the ad until the time the deal is completed just in case someone accepts the offer?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I agreed to buy the product anyway! He left the feedback before I had the chance to reconcile and make other arrangements. I happen to be busy at the time he wanted to deal, but I wouldn't post something for sale knowing I'm not going to be around to sell it!

But you agreed to buy it, knowing that he wasn't going to be around, right? How is that different? Again, I ask if a seller should clear his schedule just in case someone wants to meet? I'm pretty busy all the time. By that rule, I should only post ads up on Friday afternoon because I really can't meet during the week. What if I post on Friday but I don't get an offer until Monday? Should I take a negative rating because I can't actually make the trade for another four days after that?

You keep getting hung up on the timing while I maintain that the timing is 100% irrelevant, and especially if you agreed to it. If you didn't want to wait until he got back, you shouldn't have made the deal.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    There's three sides to every story... Without seeing what was said by each person it's hard to make a decision.

If it was:
    "hey dude I was at the place where were you?"
    "oh I got something cheaper cya"
    "ok here's your neg feedback"
    "oh wait I'll buy it now don't do that"

Then it sounds like you are to blame.

Top Bottom